We're Back!

bubbles1209

We're back from our Elation cruise:( I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT!!!:D Too late at night to do a review, but I promise I have one coming. Our flights were delayed BIG TIME. We left out of the cruise terminal around 11 or so, and had a 3:59 flight out of FLL. It was delayed..........twice.:eek: We didn't get to leave for Atlanta until around 6. Got to Atlanta around 8. If that wasn't bad enough, we missed our connecting flight from Atlanta to Augusta, and had to wait from right at 8 until 10:35 for our flight to Augusta. We didn't get into Augusta until around 11:45, and home around 1:30. Too worn out to do the review tonight, but we had an outstanding time! I'll try to get the review up in the next day or so. Going to bed, I'm typing in my sleep.:eek:

We're back from our Elation cruise:( I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT!!!:D Too late at night to do a review, but I promise I have one coming. Our flights were delayed BIG TIME. We left out of the cruise terminal around 11 or so, and had a 3:59 flight out of FLL. It was delayed..........twice.:eek: We didn't get to leave for Atlanta until around 6. Got to Atlanta around 8. If that wasn't bad enough, we missed our connecting flight from Atlanta to Augusta, and had to wait from right at 8 until 10:35 for our flight to Augusta. We didn't get into Augusta until around 11:45, and home around 1:30. Too worn out to do the review tonight, but we had an outstanding time! I'll try to get the review up in the next day or so. Going to bed, I'm typing in my sleep.:eek:

bubbles,

DH and I are booked on the Elation in Jan. Want to know the condition of ship etc. What was your itn.? We are going to Grand Turk, Halfmoon Cay and Nassau. Just 5 days though. Your trials :eek: at the airport are another reason for driving to the port whenever possible. Are you talking about Augusta, GA? If so how long would it take to drive? We live in NC and drove to Port Canaveral in May for the 1st time for a cruise. We loved it! Of course we are retired and extra days are an option for us.

Post real soon.

Luv's Crusin'

Hi Bubbles - Welcome back! Time flys when you are on a cruise - I know. Now for the fun of planning the next one!

I feel your pain about the flight delays. I was stranded in Cincinnati on Thursday night because of the storms - I was trying to get home from Pittsburgh and was diverted to Lexington, KY because of the storms. By the time I did get to CVG my flight to JAX was long gone - so I had to stay over and fly out the next morning. :eek: It took me more than 24 hours to get home:( Oh the joy of flying during the summer storm season....:p

By the time you see this you will be well rested and ready to tell us about your wonderful cruise vacation!!

I am patiently waiting. I want to hear about your cabin too.

Booked an oceanview guarantee and thinking of taking a direct cabin onthe Upper deck instead of taking a chance of being on the empress under the galley.

My wife and I are on the Elation Mar 07 in cabin V26 and will be looking for your review! Welcome back to the CSRA!!

bubbles' date='

DH and I are booked on the Elation in Jan. Want to know the condition of ship etc. What was your itn.? We are going to Grand Turk, Halfmoon Cay and Nassau. Just 5 days though. Your trials :eek: at the airport are another reason for driving to the port whenever possible. Are you talking about Augusta, GA? If so how long would it take to drive? We live in NC and drove to Port Canaveral in May for the 1st time for a cruise. We loved it! Of course we are retired and extra days are an option for us.

Post real soon.

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']Yes, Augusta, Georgia, it would have been about an 11 hour drive, plus parking fee for the duration of the cruise. We had the package with the transfers included from carnival. Didn't want to drive that long with the expense of gasoline 2.69 per gallon here, and the added expense of parking fees. The layovers made for a long day, but at least they happened after the cruise and not on the way.

Archived