Parrothead needs Jimmy Buffett tunes onboard! Should I take boombox?

Is there any music available in the cabin? (like on a TV channel) What's it like? I'm considering buying a small CD boombox for the sole purpose of transporting all my Jimmy Buffett CDs for proper Caribbean ambience...Is this crazy???????? I'd have to pack it in my large suitcase. Would it survive??

I don't recall ever seeing a radio or stereo in the cabin. I don't recall anything on the TV either. Your idea to bring a small boombox sounds good. I would go to Wal-Mart and get some bubble wrap in the office supply section. I wrap up my beloved Dr. Pepper and put it in my suitcase and have never had a problem. Can you believe they don't serve Dr.Pepper? It's a crying shame! Off with their heads! (he-he-he).

You could even put the boombox in your carry on and then you wouldn't have to worry about it getting broken. I have seen some really small ones that can belt out the tunes. I have a small carry on with wheels on the bottom so I don't have to carry a heavy load around. I put extra drinks, snacks, and swimsuits in it so we can swim right away regardless of whether or not our luggage has arrived.

Other people must bring their boomboxes along because I see people with them on the ship. I have even heard other people playing music on their own balconies.

Is there any music available in the cabin? (like on a TV channel) What's it like? I'm considering buying a small CD boombox for the sole purpose of transporting all my Jimmy Buffett CDs for proper Caribbean ambience...Is this crazy???????? I'd have to pack it in my large suitcase. Would it survive??

You could also just get a cd alarm clock that would save you lots of room in your luggage. Im taking my Timex cd player that has the "nature sounds"..Just a thought.

Buy an IPOD or similar MP3 player and convert all your CD's and put them on that. One little item, not much bigger than a cigarette pack, holds every CD you own...get small fold up speakers and you're set.

I'm OK on deck. I think there will be sufficient music/entertainment/noise, or I can take my walkman. I was just thinking of in the cabin. This "Brown Eyed Girl" and my "Pirate Looking at 40" like to shower, dress, relax, etc. to JB tunes on our "Lovely Cruise" as we experience our "Migration" to the "Banana Republic" and "Margaritaville" for some "Changes in Latitudes"

OK, was that too much??

We made a several CD's of cruise music. I picked up so many songs from a past post on cruise music that we had to make 2 CD's. Once on the cruise I didn't have enough time to listen to the CD's and at night (early morning) too tired, didn't need anything to put me to sleep either.:o

But we did listen to them on the way to the ship, about a 2 hour drive.

This is one of the reasons we always bring the laptop. Not only is is great for watching DVD's on the plane and we can download our digital pictures right away, we also have a few thousand songs loaded up on it. And of course the best songs to play when you're on a cruise are Jimmy Buffett!! We almost always have music playing while we're in the cabin. (Not too loud though!)

Mel,

I've got a sony walk-man but I didn't want to wear headphones all day. So I went and purchased detachable speakers, so now I can listen to Buffett without the headphones.

PS. How's your back?

Archived