Revelation Tours or Dream Tours in Villefrance

Hi!

I can't speak for Revelation Tours, but we just used Dream Tours last week and had a wonderful time. I believe it was probably the best tour of our entire trip!

I haven't posted a review yet, but I plan on putting one up either tomorrow or Friday. Look for it soon.

We had Frederic as our driver, and he was outstanding!

If you have specific questions, let me know and I will try to help.

We went so many place on our tour!

Monaco, Monte Carlo, Eze, St. Paul de Vence, Cannes, Then drove through Nice and Antibes. He also stopped at the beach so we could stick our toes into the Mediterranean. After all of these sights, Frederic offered to take us to even more places, but we were so tired we just went back to the ship.

Our tour lasted from 8:00 am until about 8:00 pm!!! And the price was outstanding!

Our favorite places were St. Paul and Eze. They are so beautiful. We ended up eating lunch in ST. Paul at a restaurant that Frederic recommended.

They are drivers, not guides, but Frederic did personally walk us through ST. Paul and Eze. Along the way he pointed out interesting areas and told us about the local history... so in those 2 places he did act as a "guide". For all of the other stops, he gave us the history while driving, then pointed out things that we shouldn't miss.

It really was a wonderful tour. (I will try to post a review tomorrow.)

I haven't used Revelation Tours either, but we loved Dream Tours and used them in May. We had Jean Marc for a driver. We went to Cannes briefly (one of the ladies in our party wanted to see the film festival area), along the scenic coastal road to see the views of the French Riviera, St. Paul de Vence, Eze, Nice, to some scenic overviews of Nice and Monte Carlo, and then were given an overview of Monte Carlo when we were dropped off. (We didn't sail until 11:00 p.m. and my husband and I had already been to Monte Carlo, so our group just wandered around there after our tour until time to board for sailing.) We've used drivers and guides in ports and Europe, and I would say that Jean Marc is more of a guide that drives too. He knows a lot about the history of the area.

It was a great day, and Dream Tours did a wonderful job. You can customize your itinerary, and you can change your plans after you start your tour. Our favorite was St. Paul de Vence. Please note that you can spend a lot of time with those perfume factory tours despite the promises that it will only take a few minutes (been there, done that), so I would suggest that unless you are really interested in that, you might consider skipping it like we did. It's interesting and fun, but there's just too much to see in that area to spend you time doing that unless you really love perfume.

Hope you have a great time,

Donna

We booked our tour with Dream Tours and it was one of the best days of our 21 day cruise from the Amazon to Rome. Corresponding with Alain was a pleasure and Frederic was our guide. He was supurb! they do a lot of business around the surrounding area from Cannes to Monaco. I have posted my review of the tour with dream Tours as a separate post on this board.

Hi

I can't say enough good things about Michel Legrand and Revelation Tours - we had a terrific tour from Cannes to Monte Carlo from our stop in Villefranche during the Galaxy Transatlantic cruise in May.

First, I want to tell you that Michel and Revelation Tours are exceptional for many reasons.

We found out when we boarded the Galaxy that the itinerary had been changed and that we'd be in Villefranche a day earlier than originally planned. With less than 2 weeks notice and during their busy season, Michel was able to make this change for us. Also, as word spread onboard about our Villefranche tour, we asked Michel to accommodate 16 more Cruise Critic folks in 2 minivans, and he did it for us. He had to sub-lease the vans from another company and arrange for these vans to have the same amenities as Revelation Tours vans, but he did it.

Another special note is that Michel and Revelation Tours did not mind if each of our vans - and we had 5 in total - had a different itinerary, nor if we changed the itinerary as the tour went along. Moreover, Michel went out of his way to draft three different itineraries for us based on the interests of our Cruise Critic groups, rather than demanding that we choose from the existing tours in the Revelation Tours brochure.

We had three vans doing an all-inclusive tour - from Cannes in the west to Monaco/Monte Carlo in the east. Two vans visited Nice, Juan les Pins, Antibes, St. Paul de Vence, Eze and looked out over Monaco/Monte Carlo from La Turbie. The start was delayed by an hour by French police checking paperwork and such. And later in the day, the second van developed engine trouble. In spite of that, we all felt the tour was A1 and were not grumbling about these events. Michel approached me - not the other way around - and advised he would not charge us at all for these two tours. He would not listen to us saying we had had an excellent tour in spite of the delays and would not even consider accepting 50% of the tour cost. Our van thought well enough of him and the tour that we tipped him equal to most of the tour cost.

Everyone in all the vans got an information kit with a copy of the itinerary for the day and historical information about the places being visited. Each van - even the non-Revelation Tours vans - offered an audio presentation for each visit site and free non-alcoholic drinks too.

The weather was perfect, the scenery was divine and the service we received was outstanding. We probably had the best shore excursion we've ever had and thought it was a perfect day! You can check out the Revelation Tours web site at http://www.revelation-tours.com or contact Michel Legrand at revelationtours@aol.com

Bev

We also used Dream Tours. I second everything that has been said about them. They are a class act. We were able to see far more than we expected to be able to see.

Enjoy!

Pat

For those who used Dream Tours, did you book your own Van and itinerary or use one of their stock tours?

David

We booked our own van tour with Dream Tours, I mentioned what I was interested in and asked Alain to recommend a plan for the day.

Hi Unionville,

We started by looking at the itineraries that Dream Tours has suggested and then altered to fit our wishes. The flexibility is one of the many things that I love so much about the private tours, and you can also change your plans during the tour. We loved St. Paul de Vence and decided to stay a little longer there after we started on our tour. We made up the time by eating in a little park on the street after purchasing food from a wonderful French bakery instead of taking the time to eat at a sit-down restaurant. One of the passengers in our group wanted to go to Cannes but didn't want to stay there for very long; this worked out well for all of us because we traveled on the scenic coastal roads on the French Riviera, and the scenery was spectacular. So I guess I would suggest that you consider using the Dream Tours itineraries as a starting point to research the options and then choose your itinerary for the day.

Happy travels to you,

Donna

We also used the Dream Tours package as a guide, and then changed it around to fit our needs. As far as the changes, we skipped the perfume factory, spent more time in St. Paul, went to the beach, and went to Cannes. Frederic asked us repeatedly..."What do you want to do?...It's your day..."

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the med. two days ago. You are going to have a great time. Revelation Tours with Michel was unbelievable. He was our best guide. I just posted a few things on the board. He is a licensed. There was a person on the message board that was canceled by Sylvia two days before the cruise and he went set her up that quick. he is amazing. Trish

For a detailed review of our experiences with Michel at Revelation-tours, please see my previous posts, as well as posts by Bev, Trishs, among others...In short, the price quoted to me by Revelation-tours was much less than that by other private companies (less than 600 euros for a 9 hour day and less for a half day; the van can accommodate 8 people)...Also, none of the ship tours was as comprehensive, yet even more costly...The most important thing to us was that we had the best licensed tour guide in this tour of Cannes, St Paul de Vence, Nice, and Monte carlo, as compared to even the fantastic guides we had at every port of call...Michel was very accomodating, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and have lots of patience...He genuinely wanted to make sure we get the best experience possible!!! I think he was also familiar with our U.S. culture (had spent some time in the U.S.), and that his narration in English about history, culture, politics, were exceptional...We gave him a 20% tip, although the usual practice is 10%...His web site is http://www.revelation-tours.com He'll reply to you very promptly...

Archived