teen activities

caribbebound

I posted this on the family cruise thread, but thought it might be better here. We are sailing on the Carnival Glory with a group of 10. The kids are all even in their ages, except for my 13 year old son. He is happy to hang out with us, but would also like to take advantage of the planned activities. I have read some on the younger children's activities, but have not seen what the activities are for the 13 year old age group. Does anyone know what they are like?

Thanks! We sail in 26 days!

I posted this on the family cruise thread, but thought it might be better here. We are sailing on the Carnival Glory with a group of 10. The kids are all even in their ages, except for my 13 year old son. He is happy to hang out with us, but would also like to take advantage of the planned activities. I have read some on the younger children's activities, but have not seen what the activities are for the 13 year old age group. Does anyone know what they are like?

Thanks! We sail in 26 days!

Here is the URL of a web site that has some sample Camp Carnival Capers. They are from the Sensation, and are for a Western Caribbean itenerary, but they will give you some idea of the activities are available. We are sailing on on the Glory 3/31/07 and we have the same questions. Hope this helps. http://community.webshots.com/album/61948840jZssch

I also have a 13 yo son and i read how important the first meet and greet for the camp carnival was. I told my son he should really go to that-but just got an eye roll. Hopefully next week he'll listen and go. I have even said it was mantatory and he blurted back well I am going to ask my friend who sailed in April about that! Oh well I tried. Hope you have better luck than me. We sail July 2:cool:

I told Ryan (age 14) - "just go to the orientation and first dance (which is the first night of the cruise) and then if you don't want to do anything else, that is fine!" So we went and signed up and he went off to the dance. He met a group of kids and they arranged a basketball game the next morning (the girls went and watched!) and then they all headed to the pool. From then on they would meet up at the dance after dinner every night and then hang out at the arcade, or would sing Karaoke or dance on the Lido deck. They always planned a meeting spot for after breakfast (except for port days, of course!) They had an absolute blast and Ryan was glad I had bribed him into going to the orientation! It set the tone for the whole cruise! They will have a great time! ;)

I always make my kids (13 & 15) go on the first night (with a lot eye-rolling and groaning). They always end up making friends and then going to a lot more of the activities, or just meeting up the others to hang out at the pool or game room.

Hello,

Maybe I can help you telling you about my own experience. I sailed last year when I was 15 y.o. and I had a GREAT time, the BEST! At the beginning, my twin brother and I didn't want to go but finally we went, and we met a lot of people and from then, we've had such a great friends with who we talk sometimes. We had a cocktail party, we played xbox(dance dance revolution), we played fear fascination (supossed to be fear factor), we played basketball, uhmm..:rolleyes: what else? we played water volleyball (with water balloons), dancing. And once you meet the other guys, you can hang out together: we went and played ping pong, or went to see the shows all together, or went for a slices of pizza or ice cream, Pretty nice! We had our own schedule with things to do throghout the day. They organize it for different group ages, but you could see kids everywhere doing fun stuff!

I hope it can help you.

Oxana:):D

Archived