ROLL CALL - CENTURY, Oct. 27, Barcelona - Miami

1male

If there is another thread for this sailing, I apologize, but I couldn't find it. I am new to all this, so any help will be appreciated.

How do I find a previous post I made?

How do I find this thread again?

I am on this sailing and hope to find out about other guys on this sailing also. Thanks in advance.

event.png

Male1

I will be sailing as well on Celebrity Century - Transatlantic. I am sure there will be more family members joining as there are four months to go.

I did the crossing eastbound on Constellation last April. It has been wonderful. ... We also had a great thread going prior. It went on for pages, thanks to my now friends Ruy and Juan and all others who made those posts so entertaining.

To see your posts and threads: Sign in by entering your "User name" and "password". Click "login". ... Then click "user cp" left on the blue line ... then "list subscription" in red.

Francois,

I have crossed twice on Celebrity, this year east on Galaxy, last year east on Millennium.. both were great- I love the sea days..

I will try your suggestion about finding my posts and thread. thanks again, Carl

Carl,

As you said, sea days are very enjoyable. Pure relaxation, especially when the weather is clement. Sailing more south than the traditional north atlantic run, it should be warmer.

It seems that a lot a family members will sail Brillliance of the Seas, 7 November. But I remain optimistic, as I am sure more people will join Century. Let's not forget that several passengers are not aware or using Cruise Critic. ... If it is as it were for Constellation last April, although there were three FOD meetings, it was taken for granted that we all met in the Martini Bar every evenings, meetings or not, as we were so many. ... It sure was a pleasant crossing as I am convinced the Century voyage will be.

Transantlantic crossings for whatever reason seem to be more "civilized" reminding me of what could have been those legendary Golden Age ocean travels.

As most of us know by now, she has been all refurbished. The following site gives a perfect idea of the work accomplished on the ship. www.centuryrevitalization.photosite.com

Francois,

It is my understanding that this is the thread for Century transatlantic 27 October 2006. And by the way where is everyone? I can hardly conceive that there is going to be only the three of us at the Martini bar. :rolleyes:

Francois

It is my understanding that this is the thread for Century transatlantic 27 October 2006. And by the way where is everyone? I can hardly conceive that there is going to be only the three of us at the Martini bar. :rolleyes:

Francois

Hi Francois- I started this one because I could not find another (under G&L). I would think there would be more, but I still do not know my way around this site very well. How do we arrange for the welcome CC party? Any help by anyone will be appreciated.......;)

Hi Francois- I just found a "straight" roll call for the TA on Century.. it is under roll - calls, celebrity, connections. (or something like that) sign up for the party...

so 1male did you find the thread for FOD on the nov27th TA yet, i'm a little lost on this message thing. see you there, having a get together party are we? Gin Man

Rereading, I think you meant oct. 27 - yes I am getting the hang of it a little. I saw you post on the straight board, so welcome to the gay board.;)

Good Evening 1Male,

I did also visit the "straight" counterpart thread for our crossing. I am contemplating to enter it. ... I know that for our "Constellation" voyage last spring, a lot of gay guys did exchange notes on both threads. We have met wonderful people, straight and gay.

I also did register for the Celebrity Cruise Critic Connection. So far there are 36 passengers listed.

Francois,

1male:

You only have access to the EDIT button up to 30 minutes after posting. After 30 minutes have passed, you are no longer able to edit a post.

Regards,

PS Hope you guys have fun on your cruise. I'll be departing on the Brillie a couple of weeks after you. Met Francois on the Constellation TA this past April.

hi to both of you on this thread, yea, oct 27, my head is so not together, need this cruise, i did put a couple of posts on the roll call lines, but whew! are they a serious group. thanks for the martini bar info. you can now add rehoboth beach,de to chelsea and gatineau. jim

• 3 weeks later...

Here we are 4th August and yet there are only the three of us. Tanqueray Tango, 1Male and I (Francois11). ... Where is everyone? I cannot imagine that Revitalized Century would not attract more family from Cruise Critic. ... As mentionned before, I anticipate more family will be onboard as not everyone uses or knows Cruise Critic.

Amazingly enough our gay roll call for Constellation last April went for pages. Perhaps I should call in my friend Ruy to jazz this one up as he entertained us for weeks on the Constellation roll call this last spring.

Francois,

carl, thanks for the charming...three not a bad start, at 10% online, thats 30..things are looking up all the time. hi francios you pick the place as long as there is gin and well, if you could use some magic, a good looking barcelonian would be a pleasant surprize. wait how bout three.. jim

I am open to suggestions for where and when to meet. The first night is always hectic for me, as I seem to be busy doing nothing much......:)

And who knows when my steamer trunks will arrive????

Since I will arrive on the morning of embarkation and go directly to the pier, someone else will have to smuggle the hot barcelonean on board.......:)

Carl (or Carloh, my nickname)

• 1 month later...

carloh, see that you were on the other thread? hows the planning going? i looked thru my wardrobe and oh my soul, two decent shirts, one pair of pants, the stuff i'm wearing every day seems suddenly shabby when you think of vacation clothes. i suppose all those steamer trunks of yours are full of glam duds. i won't be able to leave the cabin, so the cabin boy will have to move in.as for the costume parties, i'll hide behind a rented potted plant. but dinner that i'm ready for, been starving myself so i can get into the tux from the last cruise.i'm at late seating, i figured the shows are not important to me and the late night crowd might be more interesting. like the smokers, more gossip and drama.. talk soon, its comming on fast, and i'm getting excited. jim

Jim,

I thought this thread had died as it had been inactive for a while, so why I am mainly reading and participating to the main one.

It seems that there is going to be you, Carloh, and me. ... What about Jack and Bruce, Rob and Edie, David and Micky (C2C's list)? I assume they might be family.

If it is like Constellation last April, most of family are not even using or aware of Cruise Critic.

I am second seating as well, so I do not feel pressured to leave the Dining Room. ... Am I correct to think that the shows might be early for second seaters and late for first ones? (I am thinking here of Sailandance whom I am traveling with)

Jim, here is my personal address - francois dot desilets at videotron dot ca

Talk to you soon.

Francois,

Jim,

I thought this thread had died as it had been inactive for a while, so why I am mainly reading and participating to the main one.

It seems that there is going to be you, Carloh, and me. ... What about Jack and Bruce, Rob and Edie, David and Micky (C2C's list)? I assume they might be family.

If it is like Constellation last April, most of family are not even using or aware of Cruise Critic.

I am second seating as well, so I do not feel pressured to leave the Dining Room. ... Am I correct to think that the shows might be early for second seaters and late for first ones? (I am thinking here of Sailandance whom I am traveling with)

Jim, here is my personal address - francois dot desilets at videotron dot ca

Talk to you soon.

Francois,

this thread had died, but the other thread is a little like a comic whose act has died, they don't get me...are you excited, i asked Carloh about the wardrobe thing, i haven't been fashionable for a while, i live at the beach, so i'm kickin it up. i also want to try that wood worm mixture when i'm in barcelona.. whew, love those spanish boys..write soon, jim

Archived