Soda Cards

I need to know how they work and does everyone in my family need one? I have a 5 yr old and was wondering if she needs her own or could she share mine, if that is even allowed. How much does the soda cards cost?

I need to know how they work and does everyone in my family need one? I have a 5 yr old and was wondering if she needs her own or could she share mine, if that is even allowed. How much does the soda cards cost?

If I remember correctly, the cost of the soda sticker is $4 for kids and $6 for adults per day plus 15 percent gratuity. This cost is PER PERSON, and the intent is not for them to be shared. Each person who purchases the soda package will have a sticker put on his/her seapass card. You show the card anywhere on the ship (also at Coco Cay and Labadeee) and will receive unlimited juice and fountain soda. They will be selling the soda packages the first day of sailing. If you do not think you will drink enough soda to justify the cost, just pay as you go.

If you do a search, you will find PLENTY about this topic.

I can not imagine a 5 yr old drinking enough soda to make it worth having (you need to drink something like 4 a day to make it worth while, nor would I want my kids to even drink that much... Thank God they are not soda drinkers.. and are happy with the tea and lemonade :)

However, the soda card does allow unlimited juice which would be a better choice than to allow all that soda.. :eek:

If your little one is a juice drinker it would probably be worth buying one.. :)

jwlane, you quoted me as saying that she could share mine, but you did not highlight where I said in the same sentence, "if that is even allowed". I am by no means trying to cheat the cruise line. Please to not make a post implying that I am. I know there are lots of people who will try to get away with not doing the right thing. I am not one of them. I will purchase all of us a soda car, I didn't know if they didn't charge for a certain age or not. Now I know...Thank you

Ok thanks. Yes she is a juice drinker, so we will prob end up getting one for all of us. Thanks all for the advice.

Does anyone know what kind of juice they usually have? and if we just want to have water on a particular day is glasses of water free or is there a charge.

We are on a tight budget so any help woud be great. Thanks

When you buy the "sticker pass" to put on your card, each will get a nice insulated glass that makes a nice souvenir (sp?)...just fyi...we bought for my 7&9 year olds, and they did soda and juice...but there is always lemonade which seemed pretty good and water available anytime (it seems) on the ship. No one is going to think anything if your daughter takes a sip of your soda. It might not be worth it to buy her own. I can't imagine any 5 year old drinking enough to make it worth while.

Enjoy your trip!

Let's also remember, pious ones, that while you're biting your collective tongues over whether or not families should share a card, that you're also lamenting people who look for a nice little collapsible cooler to sneak your wine and beer on board.

Just asking for consistency while judging others.

Isnt there always juice in the Windjammer at no charge? Last trip on NOS we could get it at the ice tea/water station. I remember because we used the mango to mix mango martini's, and the cranberry for cosmo's - ahh. and yes, before anyone jumps on the pious station, we brought the liquor in our luggage to have cocktails in our room while dressing for dinner. Nothing nicer than being on the balcony, having a personal cocktail, watching the sun set and listening to the waves.

I'm going to "sneak" on my bottle of Baileys & my bottle of Cabernet in plain sight - right in the middle of my carry-on bag. Hhmmm, I wonder if I should also sneak on a 5# bag of ice for my Baileys nitecap!

For those who have commented on packing soda's in their luggage....have you ever been caught? I love Diet Mountain Dew, but know that they aren't sold on the ship, so I wanted to bring my own. Of course, I always buy a soda card anyway for the Diet Cokes. But I would still like to bring some Diet Mountain Dews and stick them in the little refrigerator.

For those who have commented on packing soda's in their luggage....have you ever been caught? I love Diet Mountain Dew, but know that they aren't sold on the ship, so I wanted to bring my own. Of course, I always buy a soda card anyway for the Diet Cokes. But I would still like to bring some Diet Mountain Dews and stick them in the little refrigerator.

Just make sure you buy it after you land . One of my friends packed some at home in his baggage to be checked (amazingly, he's an engineer - you would think he would know better) and had an entire suitcase full of clothes ruined by exploding soda cans!

The Coke container they give you is nice. Coffee drinkers will find it makes a great coffee mug. The one thing I noticed is that the bartenders filled the thing as full as they could with ice. Another drawback is the fact that you have to go to a bar or find one of the waitstaff to get a Coke. This makes it particularly inconvenient if you want a coke in the Windjammer or Solarium. I think RCCL would do well to put soda fountains in the dining areas, and just have someone checking cards. I think next time I may take a larger mug.

Just make sure you buy it after you land . One of my friends packed some at home in his baggage to be checked (amazingly, he's an engineer - you would think he would know better) and had an entire suitcase full of clothes ruined by exploding soda cans!

Oh no - that would be terrible! :eek: Thanks for the advice!

I usually take my own travel mug. They will fill them at the bars, and you can ask for less or no ice. I like juice, so I get a soda card, even if I don't drink that many sodas a day. Besides, it saves time and is faster than buying a can, and having to wait around to sign the check......Just get the drink and go!

Archived