Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

HollyfromSC

Hi! Has anyone ever stayed at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? It is NOT the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We booked through Hotelopia.com and we got the rooms for a really good price. We are going on Valor in November with a big group of us. I would love to get some opinions on this hotel. Any info would be great!!

Thanks!

Holly

I drive by it now and then. I've never been inside, the exterior looks ok. It's located on the northeast perimeter of MIA. Couple of fast food restaurants nearby. Not exactly an area where you'll be out for an evening stroll but for one night you should be just fine. ;)

Thanks! We will have a car--so we figure we will either go to South Beach or Bayside for dinner. Then on Sunday we will check out and go on the cruise--so we won't be there too long. Just wanted to make sure we weren't going to a roach motel!

HollyfromSC, I would try looking at the site TripAdvisor.com they have quite good reviews and ratings for lots of hotels etc., in Miami and surrounding areas.

We have actually booked HamptonInn Blue Lagoon for our precruise stay... we dont have a car and needed the shuttles from the airport.... chose this over the HolidayInn PORT as they had free breakfast!!! We will get a shuttle/taxi on the morning to the Port.

Happy reading!!

Ruth1964:D

I drive by it now and then. I've never been inside, the exterior looks ok. It's located on the northeast perimeter of MIA. Couple of fast food restaurants nearby. Not exactly an area where you'll be out for an evening stroll but for one night you should be just fine. ;)

Bequia, I love your new avitar! Here's to thumbing your nose at mother nature!

Bequia, I love your new avitar! Here's to thumbing your nose at mother nature!

Thanks blue, we've got our hurricane survival kit all together, generators primed and ready....bring em on! Of course if it's a category 3 or higher I'm heading to Port Everglades to get on the first cruise ship leaving town. :p

We stayed there a couple of years ago when we flew into Miami....simply because they had free shuttle from a/p to hotel and hotel to pier.

Will never stay there again (and I'm not one to complain). The area was unsafe for walking the accommodations left a lot to be desired. The staff was not "user friendly". However: the price was indeed right, but I'd pay more for a place that was in a better location and had staff that gave a darn about their customers. The best and only good thing I can say about our stay is that the shuttle driver told me that I didn't want to go to the pier at 11:30 as I requested upon check in - but rather he thought we should go at 10:00 A.M.! I doubted his wisdom - but he signed us up to leave at 10:00 anyway. Darned glad that he did! We were checked in and on the ship by about 11:00!

Having said all of that - if you have a car you will have the freedom to go elsewhere to dine and you should be okay. Just not my cup of tea for future trips! (And that's just my humble opinion.)

Archived