Glory Balcony Question

DM

This will be my first time ever with a balcony! I'm wondering what kind of chairs to expect. Are there lounge chairs or regular chairs? How do people eat breakfast on their balcony? Is there enough room for a table? These probably sound like silly questions, but I am sooo excited! Oh, and I have read that people bring bungie cords to hold the door open. Is there anything else that I should know? Thanks for any information.

Debbie

On our balcony in Feb. we had to lounge type chairs that were low to the ground. There was also a flat chair that you could put at the end if you wanted to recline with your feet up.

There is a small table also on the deck.

We took a bungee, but didn't use it. It was easier to wedge the wooden door stop in the balcony door.

You will love the balconys. We had one on our first cruise, and would never settle for anything else.

I wonder if anyone sleeps on the balcony. I'm not talking about a nap, but actually staying out there all night. Oh, and another question...are the rooms a bit smaller than the inside rooms to accomodate the balcony space?

Rooms are same size as others. The balcony is additional space! Had a few breakfasts and late night snacks there-we were right below the red sail so it was nothing to zip up to the line and back to the cabin. Never used a bungee! The chair that reclines can be slept in - did a couple of afternoon naps there but uncomfortable for extended periods.

Rooms are not the same size.

All the Glory's 8A-8E balcony cabins are approximately 185 square feet, with an additional 35 square feet that makes up the balcony.

Oceanview Cabins (category 5A-6E) are all approximately 220 square feet in size.

So, yes, DM, the actual inside of the cabin size is smaller to accomodate the balcony compared to an oceanview cabin without a balcony.

Also, category 11's (mini-suite with balcony) are 275 square feet, plus a 65 square foot balcony, and category 12's (penthouse suite with balcony) are 345 square feet, plus a 85 square foot balcony.

Thanks for all the great information! I'm sure we will be fighting over the extended lounge chair- lol! I want to be the first to take a nap. As for the size of the suites, it will be a while before we get into one of those. Someday....

Debbie

LOL, same here. I just can't see spending that much money for a cabin that I'm really only going to use for sleeping. A balcony, however, is something I really hate to cruise without. I just love my morning coffee out there and my evening night-cap.

Happy sailing!

This will be my first time ever with a balcony! I'm wondering what kind of chairs to expect. Are there lounge chairs or regular chairs? How do people eat breakfast on their balcony? Is there enough room for a table? These probably sound like silly questions, but I am sooo excited! Oh, and I have read that people bring bungie cords to hold the door open. Is there anything else that I should know? Thanks for any information.

Debbie

You will love the balcony..one lounge chair and one regular with a small table at the level of the seat. Haven't tried a bungie cord...might work.

Have a great cruise!!

For clarifications purposes.....the loungechair on a standard balcony cabin is more of an adirondack style chair.....chair, lower to the ground and slightly inclined.

You can see a photo of my Glory balcony cabin on Deck 10 (Panorama Deck) at my photo link below in the album titled Carnival Glory Cruise - Tuesday, Belize.

I LOVED my balcony cabins! I have used a bungee cord once. Have also used a door stop and even wedged a chair to keep the the door open at night.

When I have cruised in non-balcony cabins i did not spend much time in the cabin at all and everything was just great. When I have had a balcony cabin I spend lots of time in the cabin...well...actually outside on the balcony! It is the greatest place for a morning cup of coffee, an afternoon snack and chill out time, a before dinner drink, some moments beofre bed. It is also a great place to watch the ship arrive in port and also to sail away....Balcony cabins are fabulous!!

Liza,

Thanks for the information. I am very excited to see the balcony picture, however, the link did not appear. Could you re-post it?

We have been on several cruises, mostly guaranteed inside cabins. Once or twice we were upgraded to a window. Having the window was nice, but it didn't seem worth the additional cost. As you said, we didn't spend much time inside the cabin. But this cruise will be different. One of our favorite things is to find a quiet spot on the side of the ship, pull a couple of chairs up to the railing and watch the water go by. The idea of having access to this from our room really is exciting.

Stacy&Tim, & MadGab:

My only hesitation on the balcony is that I have read that once you have a balcony, you don't want to cruise without one! I don't want to get too spoiled because next time I probably will be back inside. Then again, I can't imagine not having a great time, even if I had to sleep in a closet.

Debbie

For clarifications purposes.....the loungechair on a standard balcony cabin is more of an adirondack style chair.....chair, lower to the ground and slightly inclined.

You can see a photo of my Glory balcony cabin on Deck 10 (Panorama Deck) at my photo link below in the album titled Carnival Glory Cruise - Tuesday, Belize.

I LOVED my balcony cabins! I have used a bungee cord once. Have also used a door stop and even wedged a chair to keep the the door open at night.

When I have cruised in non-balcony cabins i did not spend much time in the cabin at all and everything was just great. When I have had a balcony cabin I spend lots of time in the cabin...well...actually outside on the balcony! It is the greatest place for a morning cup of coffee, an afternoon snack and chill out time, a before dinner drink, some moments beofre bed. It is also a great place to watch the ship arrive in port and also to sail away....Balcony cabins are fabulous!!

Great Pics....we will be on the Glory in october (Eastern) Can't wait:)

I too was curious about the balcony...This will be our first Balcony cruise.

Great Pics....we will be on the Glory in october (Eastern) Can't wait:)

I too was curious about the balcony...This will be our first Balcony cruise.

Thanks!!

DM - Possibly you do not see the link because it is in my sig. You might have your view sig options turned off.

Here it is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/junerose667

I really love having a balcony and would probably not go back to an inside unless of course it was the difference between being able to cruise or not!!

I don't think I would ever bother to pay the extra for a window. I'd either go inside or balcony. I have experienced all 3. I kind of like the coziness that an inside cabin offers and I would definetly be able to do that again if I could not book a balcony.

Liza,

Thanks for the link, you pictures are awsome! Now I am really excited and can't wait!

Debbie

Glad you enjoyed them! I just LOVED looking at other peoples photos as I planned my cruise!! I was with my BF on that cruise and it was the only time I ever sailed with another adult - I have either sailed solo or with my kids. I love cruising either way!!

Archived