Whcih Pier in Hawaii for Wind?

Deb in Cali

Which Pier does the Wind use for its Hawaiian cruises? How close is that pier to the Honolulu Airport?

I want to know a general time line as far as how long it will take me to return the rental car then get back to the ship.

Thanks for any info

Deb

Don't remember the pier number but it will take you about 20 minutes each way to/from the airport. We cruised a couple of years ago out of there on the Wind, spent one day prior and 2 days afterwards in Honolulu and made the same trip a couple of times.

Which Pier does the Wind use for its Hawaiian cruises? How close is that pier to the Honolulu Airport?

We sailed on the Wind the last end of March on a repo from Honolulu to Ensenada. We boarded at pier #2. See the URL listed below for a location of the piers. As said earlier, the airport is 15 to 20 minutes away.

Later,

John

http://www.state.hi.us/dot/harbors/honolulu.htm

Also, know the exact pier number where the Wind will be docked and make sure your cab driver understands this. When the Wind leaves HNL on Saturday, there is also another NCL POA cruise ship in port. Our taxi driver got confused...and did not listen to our first instructions and took us to the wrong pier. It was a mistake that ran up our fare by about $8 as getting back to the pier for the Wind is a maze of one-way streets and a lot of traffic.

My game plan is to check our luggage with a redcap, then have my mom wait for me just inside the cruise terminal.

Once I have returned the rental car I was hoping to catch a bus that will take me as close a possible to the pier, then I could walk the rest of the way.

I would let my mother go ahead and board, but then we would miss the opportunity for one of our boarding pictures to be taken together. Plus I need to be there when she checks in to arrange payement for her onboard account. I may end up using a cab if necessary.

There are also rental locations in town so you don't really have to go to airport. Assuming you're at a beach area hotel. Hertz is at Marriott, and perhaps others, National near shopping center. Some may have shuttle to pier--but check their schedule to see if it fits yours, or grab a cab and stay right with mom.

BTW are you a fighter pilot?

Hi Deb in Cali,

I wish I was a fighter pilot. :) Actually, my love is watching old warbirds race at Reno every September.:D In fact I just returned from Reno where the Reno Air Race Association (RARA) held a rookie school for race contestants to qualify for the up coming races in September. There's no sound like a "Round Sound."

I see you're from Fresno. I grew up in Reedley during my high school years in the 60's. We use to cruise Blackstone and Shaw Ave back in those days.;) I went to a class reunion last November and drove through Fresno on my way to Reedley. A lot sure has changed from the way I remember it. Good memories!

Later,

John

Archived