Are there Lounges and/or Bars on the Wonder?

bocacruiser

Coming from RCI, we only know cruising with pina coladas and daquiris and with our kids in the kid's program we have no guilt about this! What is the adult life like on Disney outside of dining at the adult restaurant?

Hi, DCL has lots of adult things to do. adult only clubs, adult pool and hot tubs, adult Coffee house near the adult pool and a bar by the pool. Bar by the family pool too. People are wondering everywhere to bring you beverages all day and night. Some evenings there is live music by the adult pool too. Clubs at night with live music, skits and dancing. adult comedy acts, magicains and juggler/comedian adult shows too, as well as family shows too. Palos is an adult only restaurant, reservation only. $10 extra charge for gratuity per person, no charge for food. There are adult game shows to go to, Bingo, wine tasting and other art of entertaining events. Some ships tours are adult only. CC has Serenity beach which is adult only. DCL does a great job of enforcing the adult only areas too.

There are loungers all around decks 9 and 10, but if you want a soft comfortable lounger, go to deck 4 for the padded chairs!! Shuffleboard and a jogging track are on deck 4 but that is about it. It is a great place to go and nap or read or just kick back in the quiet with a Bahama Mama for awhile!!!

Go to DCL website and order the free DVD and it will show you some of the areas for adults. Spa nd work out areas too.

we have gone as a couple lots of times and with family a few more times. we always had so much to do you cant do it all!!! Your Navigator newpaper in your room will have everything listed each day for you do see what you want to do. Bars in all the clubs and Promenade lounge too. be sure and check out the late night snacks outside the clubs, YUMMY!! the buffet after the Pirate party is awesome too!!!

I'm sure you'll have plenty of adult things to do.

mom x4, grandma x4

Our kids also enjoy the kids' clubs - and they are night owls when we are on vacation, so happy to stay up late. DCL's kids' clubs were always open until either midnight or 1 am. My husband and I always found plenty to do. There is a sports bar (his favorite) with sports trivia, beer tasting and the televising of major league and college games, a piano bar (my favorite) and a nightclub with dancing, theme nights and live music. These 3 are all located together, so it is easy to hop from one to the other.

There were also a couple of other lounges, a family nightclub, a movie theater, entertainment and music on deck sometimes and various other things happening.

I think your problem will be trying to fit it all in - not having trouble finding fun things to do!:p

DFIL won the 70s dance contest while my family was back at the cabin passed out too tired to continue! We tucked in about 10:30 pm from exhaustion while they stayed out in the clubs until 2:00 pm. The late night entertainment is there - just go find it. Every time I try and make it a late night I get too sleepy from the daytime fun!

I loved the adult themed comedy - that was well worth staying up for!

Kim

Without repeating all the great info everyone else has given, I will simply give you my (and my friend/BIL's as well, I'm sure) opinion. We like to party (the nice way of saying drink a lot) on vacationWe have been on six cruises together, and two of those have been Disney. We have been on RCI, Princess, and NCL, and of all of them, the best party times have been on Disney. I attribute it to Disney's Crew Members. If you've been to WDW and seen the way their employees are, it's the same on the cruise. The bartenders on both DCL cruises we've been on went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. Now, I know, other cruises the bartenders get to know your name, your drink, etc. but on Disney, I actually felt they weren't doing it because they felt they had to, but because they actually wanted to see everyone enjoy themselves. Can't wait to go again.

Just when you think you have left it all behind and the kids are in the kids club I can tell you the wonderful coffee bar next to the adult pool is no place to hide while having a great cup of expresso late around 10:30 pm in walk Minnie and Daisy Duck serving drinks and poseing for pixs, go figure they caused quiet a fuss you would think we were all 8 years old:D I think I have several Pix of all of us adults acting like the kids. ENJOY Polarismom of 4:)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived