4 Night Vs. 7 Nights? Is August 20th a Good Time to Go?

bocacruiser

Howdy,

I would go for the 7 day, but I love DCL!!!!

The ports are better, I love the extra sea day on the Eastern. So much awesome stuff to do on the ship! You cant do it all, but it is sure fun trying.

August is good to cruise, but it is HOT!!! It is the humidity that makes it feel extra hot. I live in Florida so the humidity isnt new to us, but if your not acustomed to it, it can zap your strength. Just drink lots of water and take your time while on the islands.

we are going on Aug 5th Eastern cruise this year. It will be dcl cruise #12 for us. we have 3 more booked over the next year.

when ever you go it will be awesome!!!

you should go with us on the 5th, I am always looking for people who are crusiing with us to get aquainted with.

mom x4,grandma x4

We did the 4 night in December. We had the most incredible time -everything was perfect! The food and service were wonderful. The kids loved their kids' clubs. Castaway Cay was perfectly set up for a great family day at the beach. The characters added a touch of magic. The ship was beautiful. Staff members were friendly. The shows were enjoyed equally by all 4 of us. Even the cabin was larger than we expected.

My only complaint: That we didn't have enough time to enjoy it all. There were some activities we just never quite found the time to do. We all started making friends on the second or third day, just starting to get to know them - and then it was goodbye. It went so quickly that now it kind of seems like it was just a dream...

My advice? Absolutely do the 7 day - wish we had.:rolleyes:

The 4 day vs the 7 day?

The 7 day wins hands down! The August/September cruises are some of the least expensive that DCL offers due to hurricane season, so the price differential makes the 7 day even more attractive. I would love to try out one of the DCL 4 day cruises, but I've been spoiled by the 7 nighters, and I'm pretty sure I'd feel like 4 nights is too short.

DH and I took a 5 night cruise a couple of years ago and thought it was too short. As soon as we felt established onboard it was time to get off the ship. 7 nights is just long enough so that you can really experience what the ship has to offer. My dream now is to make it onto one of the 11 night special cruises that they have to the Southern Caribbean, because I know I'd love being on the ship longer than 7 nights.

Archived