Oosterdam - Culinary Arts Center Question

ssolomon56

My DH and I are going to be on the 10/14/06 Oosterdam cruise. While looking through these message boards, I discovered that HAL has made alot of changes since our last cruise with them. Also, that the Oosterdam will be getting some upgrades just prior to our cruise.

The upgrade that I'm most interested in is the Culinary Arts Center - what a GREAT idea! :D I went onto the HAL web site, and saw the schedule of celebrity chefs, but no mention of Oosterdam's listing. Anyone have any information on this?

it is a permanent fixture at the forward end of the movie theater; when there is no celebrity chef sceduled, the executive chef from the pinnacle grill usually does the honors. we spent a month on the amsterdam in january and they had about 6 classes you could sign up for. because some of them are "hands on" - passengers form small teams and actually prepare the food - they limit the number of participants, so if you are interested - sign up early. I forget what the charge per class was - sorry.:)

The Culinary Arts Center on the Noordam was lovely. Classes with a Guest Chef was limited to appr. 12 people and cost around $29. Sign up at the front desk as soon as you get on the ship. Unfortunately our guest pastry chef from New York City cancelled at the last minute and no hands-on classes were held in his place. There were, however, demonstrations with were open to everybody and were free.

Sue , I was wondering what else they were doing in the week off between the last Alaska cruise and the repositioning that brings the ship to San Diego. We are going to be on the 10/7 Mexican riviera cruise the week before yours!

Archived