Details on Embarkation & Debarkation

Swiper

I have been searching for a detailed explanation of what happens at embarkation and debarkation.

If somebody could please describe "IN DETAIL" what is involved that would be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing on the Pride out of long beach.

Thank you.

I have been searching for a detailed explanation of what happens at embarkation and debarkation.

If somebody could please describe "IN DETAIL" what is involved that would be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing on the Pride out of long beach.

Thank you.

Ok here goes...

First off...with the Pride, go to the Queen Mary ( ship docked 24/7/365 next to the Pride to check in for your voyage on Sunday morning. We got there around 10:00AM and there was only 3 people in line. This is called Queen Mary early check in or QM early check in and saves you the hassle of going through check in with the majority of the other passengers. When you get in line to board the Pride, there will be two lines...One for people who have done the QM check in, and one for people who havent. We did the QM check during our voyage. From when we got in the line to board the Pride to when we got on, it was no more than an hour. The QM is a great thing to do and only available with the Carnival Pride. With security, you will do the metal detectors and xrays and what have you like you normally would. I recommend keeping your passport / birth certificate and tickets out at all times as they are checked 5+ times. Security and the way you board the Pride is through a white dome which connects to a long bridge which connects you to the ship. Once your through the dome part on on the bridge, your basically on the ship. Now, debarkation... Unlike many other Carnival ships, Self Assist debarkation is NOT available on the Pride. Self Assist is when you take ALL YOUR LUGGAGE BY YOURSELF and lug it off the ship. Sure it can be a pain but you do not have to wait for Carnival to call your floor to get off. Passengers doing the Self Assist are the first to get off the ship, usually by 8:00AM. Dont worry, again, this isnt even offered on the Pride. Everybody gets off when they are called ( by floors / the color of your luggage tag ). When you get off, you will first walk across the same bridge you went across to get on the ship and walk inside the dome. Again keep your ID's OUT! The first thing you will do is clear customs. You will fill out a customs card on the last night of your trip. After clearing customs, you go downstairs and claim your luggage. Luggage is sorted according to the color of the luggage tag. After that, you walk out of the dome and catch the Carnival transfers, taxi or what have you...

Thanks Eddie

The Queen Mary Check in is available to anybody?

I would assume that they have washrooms available when you are waiting inline?

We have a toddler that is potty trained and if she needs to go she needs to go.

You go through customs before you collect your luggage?

Thanks again for the response.

Thanks Eddie

The Queen Mary Check in is available to anybody?

I would assume that they have washrooms available when you are waiting inline?

We have a toddler that is potty trained and if she needs to go she needs to go.

You go through customs before you collect your luggage?

Thanks again for the response.

Yes, QM check in is available to any passenger but be sure to get there early to avoid a line. It's definatly worth it!

As far as washrooms, I am not sure. I'd imagine they are somewhere but if you get out of line you get out of line.

With debarkation, yes you will clear customs before you collect your luggage in the dome. You luggage will be collected on the last night of the cruise and you will not see it again until after customs.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s :D

Archived