I think I'm obsessed...

mtd716

Hi. My name is INCHARGE, and I am an addict! I have been a member since 2000. I just cruised 6/13-20 on the Destiny, and my next cruise is Sept. 5 on the Miracle. The fact that I have this cruise coming up in 2 months is what keeps me sane. I love checking these boards. It is fun, and no harm done. It could be worse. We could be out lying,cheating,stealing, but no... we are having fun on our board. Have fun with it. Just think, if we planned a cruise and then did not think about it again until 1 week before sailing, how boring would that be? It is most fun thinking about it, and planning for it. Enjoy!

I started cruising 2 years ago and would cruise once a year. This year I took a cruise in March. I will be on a cruise in 2 weeks, and am thinking of taking another summer cruise and one for New Year's. Somehow it doesn't seem enough.

The more I read these boards the more I want to book more cruises. I love to read the reviews when the cruise critics' members return from their cruise. They make you relive your cruise. THANKS, EVERYONE.

I've been driving my mother crazy with all the cruise talk so much so that she willl be taking her first cruise in 2 weeks. I live 30 minutes from the port of Miami and I drive past it on my way to the beach. I always see the ships, and it makes me sad that I cannot be on them.

mtd716

WELCOME

i just saw your post and had to laugh. not at you but because it brought such great and fun memories of the months before my first cruise last sept.

if you want to have some good funny and very true reading about what you are going through and too SEE YOU ARE VERY NORMAL check out a question i asked here on this board. it was used by http://www.*****.com. on their site with my permission of course. under the word '''' welcome '''' click on the 1st time cruiser link. we had so much fun with it and it tells it all.

have a wonderful cruise and just go with the flow of being '''cruise crazy''' !!!

Welcome !

Yes, it is truly an obsession. Seems like sometimes all my husband and I talk about is cruising.

Even our friends think we are nuts.

They usually start a conversation by saying "ok, when is your next cruise?"

Our next one isn't till Sept 30 and seems like an eternity!

Pass the time with these boards..it helps.

Looks like we are the twins separated at birth!LOL

"when is your next cruise?" is an official greeting from our friends instead of "Hello."

and yes, I am addicted to these boards. Great place, great information. It already saved us a lot of money.

So, welcome, You are in a good company!

Dusty, thanks for the link! I went back and read the entire thread you started. Too funny! I completely recognized myself in many of the posts. I'm glad to know that I am not alone. My cruise is coming up in just over 2 weeks and I am getting excited about every little cruise-related purchase. I can't wait!

Ok, I know it CAN'T be just me, but I think I'm a little obssessed about my upcoming cruise on the Sensation. I found this message board shortly after booking our cruise several weeks ago. I have easily been checking in 2-3 times per day since then. I have been telling my husband that it's for "research," but really it's because I've become obsessed about all things cruise related, and it helps me pass the time until our sailing date arrives. Plus, I have found myself REALLY enjoying the Carnival commercials that are everywhere on TV lately. We have DVR so I often record shows to watch later, so that I can fast forward through the commercials. But when I catch a glimpse of the ship during the fast forwarding I always stop to watch! I have cruised before, but never with this much anticipation. Have I gone over the edge? Help!

You are 100% normal

Oh, and I forgot to mention that every week since I booked our cruise (about a month ago), I've been playing out the trip in my head each week. For instance, "If we were cruising THIS week, I'd be in Cozumel right now, etc." Actually, if I were cruising this week we'd have just pulled out of Tampa and probably passing under the Sunshine Skyway bridge about now.

Only 2 more "fake" cruises to go before it's time for the real thing. :D I think I've lost it, but it really does pass the time.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that every week since I booked our cruise (about a month ago), I've been playing out the trip in my head each week. For instance, "If we were cruising THIS week, I'd be in Cozumel right now, etc." Actually, if I were cruising this week we'd have just pulled out of Tampa and probably passing under the Sunshine Skyway bridge about now.

Only 2 more "fake" cruises to go before it's time for the real thing. :D I think I've lost it, but it really does pass the time.

Now THAT'S a great idea!

...I'd probably be ordering my dinner right now, wearing my best suit, as we cruise towards Grand Cayman...

Archived