Info on crown princess please

jage

Hi

We will be taking our very first cruise in November of this year on the Crown Princess around the Caribbean to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

Although I have browsed many of the messages already appearing on this site I would be very pleased if someone could answer the following for me:

Is it necessary to book a restaurant for each evening?

Which restaurant would you suggest we visit for our wedding anniversary?

The day of our anniversary the ship will be docked in Barbados - any ideas for excursions?

Will my husband be OK wearing a dark suit on formal nights (he'd rather nor wear a DJ)

What do women wear on formal and informal nights?

Which excursions should we book/avoid? - we will be visiting Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, St Thomas, St Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba

.... and finally any other tips for first time cruisers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to receiving a few replies.

Jage :)

Congrats on 30 years and Congrats on your first cruise, too!

We are saililng on July 20 on the Crown.

You will inform your travel agent as to wether you want Traditional Dining or Personal Choice (PC) dining upon your booking. Traditional dining gives you a choice of an early dining time or a late dining time. You choose one and must stick with it. PC lets you go any time you like from 5:30 until 10:00 or so.

You may also dine in the Cafe Caribe or Horizon Court. Another dining option is having dinner delivered from the dining room to your balcony. If you have a balcony this would be a very romantic thing for your anniversary night. The waiter will wait outside of your cabin and reappear to deliver each course. From what I have heard this is a great thing (at least on other ships) but I think the cost is high. There are also Sabatini's and the Crown Grill alternate dining venues. On this site you can probably find the menus for both. Cover charges do apply for these venues.

A dark suit for your husband is fine. Women usually wear nive evening gowns for formal, maybe not quite as jazzy for informal nights.

Enjoy your cruise! Let us know if there is anything else you would like to know!

Brian

Please look on the Ports of Call message boards for LOTS of information. What a great itinerary on a great ship. I'm considering it for 2/07 if the RT airfare to SJU becmes reasonable. I'm jealous....enjoy.

Archived