Poh 6/19 Just Returned

COWBOYGIRL

First off, I really did not have to many problems with anyone working on the ship, only one girl at the Shore excusion desk was a little snippy, but other than that everyone was very nice.

All Islands have a beach that is walking distance from the ship, some farther than others, but walking distance none the less.

My favorite excusions were Kona: Kona by Land and Sea. Kauai: Hollywood in Hawaii, I also went on Volcanos and National Parks in Hilo that was really good too. In Maui we did the Beach Day, which they drop your off at the beach for about 5 hours, you have shops and restaurants around all the resorts and we Also did Lahania on your own in Maui a shopping excursion. We also did the Luaui in Maui That was really nice.

The formal night is Thursday night, all other nights are as dressy as you would like them to be, my husband wore a dress shirt and pants no tie, I wore a dress or skirt with sandals, except for the the formal night we did get a little more dressed up. The majority of the men wear hawaiian shirts and slacks for dinner, the women shifts/sun dress or skirts. A lot of people did dress up because they wanted the formal pictures.

I loved all the shore excursions, the tour guides are great!! they give you a lot of information because they are locals.

First off, I really did not have to many problems with anyone working on the ship, only one girl at the Shore excusion desk was a little snippy, but other than that everyone was very nice.

A little snippy is putting it mildly!! I had issues with her too. She sent me to get something in my cabin and when I returned she was gone and so was what I gave her. I had to say some important person's name for it all to suddenly appear. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who experienced her snippy personality!!:D

Dinobja,

We drove out the road to Hana. Its a rather long and twisty drive but really don't let what people say about the drive deter you. There are many tight areas, blind curves and one lane bridges but easy driving in my opinion....now I've driven in many parts of the world with narrow lanes and used to it, Uk, Italy, etc. Its subjective. You'll do fine....its gorgeous, stop werever....drive out to the Blue Pool, its out about 2mi unmade road but reg cars can do it fine....we did. Enjoy, have a good one.

Did you do the road to Hana? If so what stops did you make?

We did have that excusions booked but cancelled, because we did not want to be on a bus for 9 hours after being on one the day before for 7 hours so we decided to change our excursion. But I did talk to a few people and they did say although it was long, it was beautiful, they actually had the driver turn back because it was so far.

Cowboygirl,

Just curious, why do you do ship excursions in Hawaii? Self touring is easy.

Well, it was our first time in Hawaii, and we did rent a car in Kauai which was nice, but you don't get all the culture, stories etc., which we really enjoyed. I realize it is pricey, and naturally if we did do another cruise to Hawaii I would not go on the excursions again, but being first timers it was nice because we got to see "the spot".

We're thinking about doing Hawaii next August (Alaska's on tap this year).

Haven't been on NCL for years, so haven't experienced their Freestyle dining.

How hard is it really to get reservations for when you want to eat? How much is their cover charge in each restaurant? (there's a cover charge, right? )

Can you tell us a little more about the dining experience. Thanks!

Archived