Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting

okiemom

Has anyone done this excursion in Cozumel? My mom and I are interested in cooking and thought this would be fun. Anyone know??

We are sailing the Conquest on December 3rd.

Below is the description on the Carnival Website.

Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting

Have a great time while learning the secrets of Mexican cooking by preparing a full course meal.

On this educational excursion you will:

Board an air-conditioned bus at the pier for a scenic ride to Playa Mia Grand Beach Park.

Learn, from a prestigious chef, the art of cooking traditional Mexican cuisine.

Be given your individual workstation with all ingredients and utensils.

Listen as the chef assists you in the food preparation and answers any questions you may have.

Be served your own creation, accompanied by fine Mexican wines, in a festive atmosphere.

Spend approximately one hour enjoying the beach facilities, including unlimited domestic open bar and non-motorized water sports.

Note: Minimum age is 18 years.

Comfortable beach clothing, a towel, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.

5 Hours

$79.00

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I did this past December with my mom and aunt and we all had a great time. The cooking itself was fun, they take you through all the steps from properly washing your hands to decorating your plate, while keeping you constantly supplied with drinks (bottle water, beer, foo-foo drinks, whatever you want). You get to eat all your efforts too and it was really good.

You make a starter, entree and dessert. Drinks are complimentary throughout the entire process. Then you eat the meal and have beach time and full use of the facilities at Playa Mia before heading back. And yes, you can stay longer if you choose to and return on your own. It always fills up and is hugely popular.

Does this all take place outdoors in the sun? Not sure my mom could handle that.

We were completely in the shade the whole time. In fact, we laughed because it actually rained off and on the day we were in Cozumel. We were high and dry but kept watching all the people run under the cover whenever it would start raining. We couldn't understand the people that were out in the ocean that would run out of the water under the tent.

Archived