leave kids onboard during excursions?

My concern would be what happens to your child during the time that the kid's program is closed for lunch. If your tour returns before then, that's why they have it set up for port days. I have never done this but if there were a tour......who knows? You may have to check on private baby sitting during lunch time if your tour does not get back in time. Good luck and do what YOU think is best for YOUR child

My concern would be what happens to your child during the time that the kid's program is closed for lunch. If your tour returns before then, that's why they have it set up for port days. I have never done this but if there were a tour......who knows? You may have to check on private baby sitting during lunch time if your tour does not get back in time. Good luck and do what YOU think is best for YOUR child

If you look at the hours posted on the website they don't close at lunch on port days.

I would hesitate leaving young children in AO and going on an excursion. An older childr 9-11 etc. is old enough to "kind of take care of himself." ( I don't mean totally but he/she can say if something is wrong.) I think it depends on your children and only you know them. A trip to the beach with young children could be fun and although you husband wants to do excursions, maybe he can do as someone said, do it with your older children. Trust your instincts. Mom's have that and know what should be done

Michelle,

It seems as though every time for whatever reason people, like me, post about leaving young children at home, no matter why, you take it as a personal assault. I don't mean it that way, I just explained on another post why I wouldn't have my 1 year old granddaughter go on a cruise. The impression I got was that I was a child hater, and that is the very last thing I am. I think you need to look into other poster's thoughts and not block out anything that doesn't agree with you. Sorry, I am not trying to pick on you, but you have done it to a lot of us.

Parents who want to take their youngs kids on a cruise should do so, but all the rest of us don't have to love the idea that you did.

No matter what your choice ends up on excursions, go with your heart.

Having done this before, I know that they do in fact allow the childen to remain at the children's program while the parents are in port. No need for those of us with children to have to defend our position on this type of thing. Of course you have to know your children and their temperment as previously mentioned. It is ok for children to be away from their parents for a short while, even while on vacation. Just because it is a family vacation doesn't mean that you have to spend every minute together.

I too would suggest that you take an excursion through RCI to ensure that they know where to find you. They know when the excursions end, and do expect you to return promptly.

Perhaps those who don't want to cruise with young children around, or who want to continuously pass judgment on others who travel with childre and how they do so, should find an adult only cruise.

For those travelling with children, please don't ever let anyone else make you feel guilty about the decisions you make, even while on vacation.

Archived