First Timer Needs Help With Excursions, PLEASE

pampaul

I would appreciate some help with our choices of excursions when we go to Bermuda this August. We are trying to decide between the Scenic West End & South Shore Taxi Tour or the Trolley Train Tour of West End.

Neither of us have been to any of the islands whatsoever (this is our very first cruise) so we're not sure what to do. Can someone explain each of these tours (what's involved, if it's worth it and other information you can think of)?

Well, I would suggest the Scenic West End and South Shore Taxi Tour. It will show you the Dockyards area and also get you more out into the countryside, down to the beautiful beaches on the south shore. Bermuda is just a lovely island -- fantastic beaches, stunning pastel-colored houses, really no poverty like you see in the Caribbean. I don't know how much time you'll have, but you can also take a ferry ride across the harbor to Hamilton --- this only costs $4.00/person each way, and is worthwhile even if you turn around and go right back. Have a great time!! PS ---- Here is a link to our webshots album from our trip to Bermuda in 9/04 -- we stayed at the Southampton Princess on the south shore. http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=190537301&security=DsGzIu

We are taking the Taxi Tour on July 17th. Will let you know what we think when we return. We have been on 13 cruises and the best shipboard tour we have ever taken was a taxi tour in Guatouple. So we hope this one is as good. Anything you want me to check out while I am onborad just ask. Vicki

PS We are on the NCL Dawn

Archived