Interior Staterooms on Deck 8 on the Enchanment of the Seas

Can anyone give me an opinion on how an interior state room is on Deck 8 on the Enchanment of the Seas is ,(ie. size, location)? Also, would you upgrade to an oceanview, on a lower deck instead of an inside stateroom on Deck 8? Only 2 of us traveling. I have only traveled on Disney's Wonder and Magic and this will be my first cruise on Royal Carribean!

We stayed in the inside family stateroom on Enchantment last summer right after it was stretched. It was our first inside stateroom. It was a nice room and accommodated our family well but I found that I didn't like the lack of daylight. The first morning, we overslept and we felt out of sinc all day. It's a nice ship....very nice pool deck and we enjoyed good meals. Our favorite RCI ships are the voyager class ships since we have a teenager and there is so much for her to do. Have a great vacation!

First, you're going to LOVE the Enchantment. It's a great ship and the crew was great. I had a group on last November and had a dining issue and the Dining room Manager did wonderful in supporting a change and everyone was very happy.

Now, with regard to inside on 8 versus ocean view on lower deck, all the inside cabins are the same size, well, ok....L and K categories are 6 sq ft larger. I challenge you to try to figure out where the additional 6 ft are. :-)

The question is do you want to see outside or not. If budget is the issue, and you don't want to see out, then an inside cabin will suffice. I personally like to see the water and watch the sun rise from my cabin. I loose all concept of time in an inside cabin.

The next comment is a personal opinion as well. If I were going to have an inside cabin I probably wouldn't have it under the pool deck. too much activity on deck through the night while crews are cleaning, moving chairs, etc. The only reason to be on deck 8, again, in my humble opinion, would be for the suites. Many folks like being one deck down from the pool....easy access. and that's all good too. I don't mind riding the elevator to the pool to have a quiet night of sleep.

Last personal opinion, I see most all the inside cabins on deck 8 are parallel with the sides of the ship versus horizontal to the sides of the ship. While sleeping I prefer to be rocked side to side versus head to toe if there is ship movement.

Maybe I'm too darn picky, but these are just observations of mine as I cruise. If you get the chance to see a wonderful bar waiter named Milo, please tell him Joyce and Joe from Cleveland said hello. He was wonderful and won our "best bar waiter" contest and received a T-Shirt from Cleveland. :-) I'm sure he would remember us.

I'll watch for your review when you return or feel free to email me if you have any further questions I can answer jlifeisgoodfaye at adelphia dot net.

Thank you for your responses. Jlifeisgoodfaye, if we see Milo, I will tell him you said Hello!!!! I can see your point with rooms being right under the pool area. Didn't really think about that.

I will be sure to put up a review when we are back. We can't wait to cruise on the Enchantment!

Archived