A Poll About Round Trips of of NJ and NY

What Other Cruise Line Would You Like To See Offering Year Round from NY/NJ  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What Other Cruise Line Would You Like To See Offering Year Round from NY/NJ

• Who cares?
    • Carnival
    • Celebrity
    • Costa
    • Princess
    • Other

I'm curious to know how many people, besides myself, would like to see more year round sailings available from other cruise lines besides HAL, NCL and Royal Caribbean in the greater NJ/NY. We certainly have the population to fill more ships year round. What are your opinions?

Great topic! I know a lot of other areas of the country would love to have year round cruising but, being asked specifically about NJ/NY...

I'd love to see Carnival, Celebrity and Princess ALL here in the NJ/NY area full time. I'd also love to see more variety in the intineraries for example summer time cruises that are longer than 5 nights to New England and Canada. Maybe some different islands to visit in the Caribbean. Perhaps one or two, ROUND TRIP European itineraries, I believe HAL has one that is something like this but, I won't swear to it but, I'd prefer doing a transalantic is a LARGE ship!

Nick

Carnival and Princess should jump on the band wagon and get ships to the New York area full time. They both certainly have enough ships to do this and, it would be nice to have options other than NCL and HAL which I do not care for and, while I will be sailing on Explorer, it would be nice to have other choices.

Celebrity, Carnival, and Princess were my answers. Though I must admit, I don't know if I would take advantage of the option to said out of NY or NJ year round or not (I'm from upstate NY by the way). For us, cruises are a nice warm vacation and we don't want to spend any of the days in cold weather. Even in march, sailing up to NJ (on a repositioning cruise) was horribly cold and windy on that last night, and not great on the night before. I like to be out on the deck at night and during the day, and that just wasn't happening even in march! I can't imagine in lets say, janurary!

Celebrity, Carnival, and Princess were my answers. Though I must admit, I don't know if I would take advantage of the option to said out of NY or NJ year round or not (I'm from upstate NY by the way). For us, cruises are a nice warm vacation and we don't want to spend any of the days in cold weather. Even in march, sailing up to NJ (on a repositioning cruise) was horribly cold and windy on that last night, and not great on the night before. I like to be out on the deck at night and during the day, and that just wasn't happening even in march! I can't imagine in lets say, janurary!

I agree, I would rather fly someplace warm in the colder months and hop a ship other than from NY. We live in Rochester, so I agree with you.

You can do a 10 day cruise out of NY\NJ for the same price you would pay to do a 7 day cruise if you had to fly. I live in CT. I will take a couple extra days cruising where you have to find something to do inside the ship. I will be cruising not cooking and cleaning or going to work.:eek: OBTW: Princess is going to have a ship year around out of NY starting in 2007. Most likely you will see Carnival doing the same thing starting in 2007. It has shown itself to be financially feasible to have ships in NY year around. :D

You can do a 10 day cruise out of NY\NJ for the same price you would pay to do a 7 day cruise if you had to fly. I live in CT. I will take a couple extra days cruising where you have to find something to do inside the ship. I will be cruising not cooking and cleaning or going to work.:eek: OBTW: Princess is going to have a ship year around out of NY starting in 2007. Most likely you will see Carnival doing the same thing starting in 2007. It has shown itself to be financially feasible to have ships in NY year around. :D

Is the Princess statement fact or rumor? If it is indeed fact, you've made my day!!! Also, if it is true, do you happen to know which ship will be coming up?

I'm not too excited about waiting a couple of days to hit the warm climate, and then having to deal with more cold weather on the way back. I'd rather fly to Florida, spend a few days, then cruise. Need the sun during the winter - big time.

The Crown Princess the newest ship in their fleet started sailing from NY this past month. It is here the whole summer then repo to San Juan for the winter and I think for 2007 she will be in NY year round. She is sailing from the new pier in Red Hook Brooklyn.

Archived