question

cool man

This Sept. 2nd my wife and I are going on a cruise leaving from N.Y.

on the ship Norwegian Dawn. If we take amtrak to nyp station about

how many miles is it to the port?About how much would it cost to take

a cab there? Or do they have shuttles from nyp station to the port?

A co-worker of mine said that I can have the cab leave me off across

the street from the port entrance. This will save alot of time rather then waiting in lime behind all the vehicles letting people off. Is this correct?

Will this cause any problems with the other people going into the port?

I thank anyone who helps me. John Lawrence

This Sept. 2nd my wife and I are going on a cruise leaving from N.Y.

on the ship Norwegian Dawn. If we take amtrak to nyp station about

how many miles is it to the port?About how much would it cost to take

a cab there? Or do they have shuttles from nyp station to the port?

A co-worker of mine said that I can have the cab leave me off across

the street from the port entrance. This will save alot of time rather then waiting in lime behind all the vehicles letting people off. Is this correct?

Will this cause any problems with the other people going into the port?

I thank anyone who helps me. John Lawrence

Penn Station is at 31-33rd street and between 7th and 8th avenue. The Cruise termina(where the Dawn is) is between 46-54th street and 12 th avenue. About 1-2 miles as the crow flies. No shuttles the cab is less than $10.00.. Accross the street- directly oposite the Dawn will be faster. As you Drive up 12th avenue you will see which one of the three port fingers the Dawn will be at piers 88, 90 and 92. Most likely 90... It won't cause a problem being let off across the street...

I Asked These Questions Last Night But I Must Have Did Something Wrong.i Will Try Again.

My Wife And I Are Going On A Cruise Sept.2nd On Norwegian Dawn.

We Will Be Taking The Amtrak To Nyp Station. About How Much Will It Cost To Take A Cab To The Port? Can I Have The Cab Drop

Me Off Across The Street From The Port Entrance To Keep From

Having To Wait In Line Behind All The Vehicles Dropping Off People For Cruises? Will That Cause A Problem With Anyone Or Does Alot Of People Do That? Is There A Special Time They Let You On The Ship?

I Thank Everyone For Their Help. John

I Asked These Questions Last Night But I Must Have Did Something Wrong.i Will Try Again.

My Wife And I Are Going On A Cruise Sept.2nd On Norwegian Dawn.

We Will Be Taking The Amtrak To Nyp Station. About How Much Will It Cost To Take A Cab To The Port? Can I Have The Cab Drop

Me Off Across The Street From The Port Entrance To Keep From

Having To Wait In Line Behind All The Vehicles Dropping Off People For Cruises? Will That Cause A Problem With Anyone Or Does Alot Of People Do That? Is There A Special Time They Let You On The Ship?

I Thank Everyone For Their Help. John

moved here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=372958

Let me help a bit. Part of the reason for no response is no question in the TITLE line. Everyone knows it is a question - actually including it would help. Cab will only be a few bucks.

On the two cruises we have done out of NY, there was very little traffic at the pier. You may not want to do the drop off as you might have a long walk to get to the ship the way it is set up in NY.

Let me help a bit. Part of the reason for no response is no question in the TITLE line. Everyone knows it is a question - actually including it would help. Cab will only be a few bucks.

On the two cruises we have done out of NY, there was very little traffic at the pier. You may not want to do the drop off as you might have a long walk to get to the ship the way it is set up in NY.

I thought it might be real busy and waiting in line with the meter running adds up.Thanks again. John

thanks

Penn Station is at 31-33rd street and between 7th and 8th avenue. The Cruise termina(where the Dawn is) is between 46-54th street and 12 th avenue. About 1-2 miles as the crow flies. No shuttles the cab is less than $10.00.. Accross the street- directly oposite the Dawn will be faster. As you Drive up 12th avenue you will see which one of the three port fingers the Dawn will be at piers 88, 90 and 92. Most likely 90... It won't cause a problem being let off across the street...
Thanks John

Archived