Hotel and parking car in New Orleans

dillardr

Yes, you can stay at the Riverside Hilton, which is about as close as you can get to the pier, for a Stay and Cruise rate of 99.00/night and park your car their for free up to 7 nights (I think 7, we are staying 5). You have to show your cruise docs. It's a great location, across the street from Harrahs and the Riverwalk (mall and restaurants), walking distance to French Quarter (or take the streetcar) and a nice shopping mall with Saks and the Aquarium and Imax theater. I was there a few weeks ago for a convention and loved it. Didn't get to stay at the Hilton but walked all around that area for days. Hope the rooms a great. Really hope we get a room so that when we wake in the morning we can see our ship waiting for us!

I booked this hotel deal at the Hilton and you can definitely stay for 7 days. The only catch is that the deal is only for one night. If you want to stay for more than one night you'll have to look elsewhere. There are hotels out near the airport that offer free parking but you have to pay a hefty taxi fee to and from the pier. That's why the Hilton is such a good deal. Parking alone is $84.00 for a week. And this is a 4 star hotel 3 blocks from the pier. I have found that Hilton and other hotels offer these cruise specials but don't advertise it on their websites. You have to call them directly instead. You might just start calling some of the hotels you're interested in and ask if they have any specials for cruisers. I think there are more deals out there than we know because these hotels don't advertise it.

The Hilton Riverside isn't available either before or after our Oct. cruise dates -- at least they didn't have the cruise-and-park deal available -- so we booked the Doubletree Lakeside (in Metairie on Lake Ponchartrain). Although it's 8 miles from the port, they have regular shuttle service free to guests, and also offer a cruise-and-park deal (promotion code CPP). Actually, we're staying for free both pre- and post-cruise using Hilton room awards, but will be allowed to self-park for $6 per day, half what port parking is.

• 4 weeks later...

They only give you 7 days of free parking with the cruise special at the Hilton. If you're doing a 4 or 5 day cruise there is no added expense - BUT - if you do the 7 day you do have to pay for one day - since the night you stay is included - making it 8 days. Parking for one day is $22.00.

Archived