Century vs Constellation

joschwin

Ok first time cruise with teens. I have the dates I must travel my choices are Century 5 day western Carrib. or Constellation 7 day Western. The teens will be 18 and 15 at the time of travel I was thinking of booking an inside and an outside cabin. I know I must put 1 adult in each cabin, I was hoping that once the cruise began the kids could go to the inside cabin,(which I see I can still get rooms directly across from each other). My question is the outside cabin is a Cat.6 inside Cat 10. what does this mean? both are mid ship. also since the century has just been refurbished are there any pluses to take this ship rather than the constellation? both are basiclly the same itinerary. we are looking for good food and that is why I am leaning towards Celebrity. Any and all tips you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Joan

Hi Joan,

I hope I can help. I've been on the constellation 4 times and the century 2 times (but not since the refit). I loved both ships. I like all the celebrity ships - I have been on most of them (approx 20 times on celebrity).

The millenium class ship is my favorite. There is so much room and so many choices. Don't get me wrong - I like century too (I'm booked for a century cruise next feb). But the pool deck seems too small for the number of people on board. I thinks it is easier to get a deck chair on the constellation. Although the ship is much bigger - it does not feel bigger. It just feels less crowded.

Either choice you make - you will have a great time. Personally, I would lean towards the constellation.

Barbara

I have sailed both, but I think I would choose Constellation if I were you because that's the 7 day vs the 5 day on Century. I think the ambience on Constellation would be more to your liking -- Century is a bit more sedate.

:) Inside staterooms are graded 12 up to 9 depending on which deck/position on a particular deck and outside staterooms are graded higher again, for the same reasons. Prices rise according to the grade of the stateroom.

I have sailed on both Constellation/Summit and the New Century and, without hesitation, I would always go for a Millennium class ship now (Millennium, Infinity, Summit or Constellation). We have really loved all our cruises but the Century, since its revitalisation, no longer has a spa pool, whilst the Millennium class ships have very large thellasotherapy pools (indoor) plus two extra whirlpools. As another poster mentioned above, there sometimes isn't a lot of space for everyone around the outdoor pool on Century class ships.

Hope that is of help.

Archived