The Wedding Experience

I just called The Wedding Experience to speak to Alba and book our Princess Wedding Package. I had read/heard that Alba was great to work with. I was told she no longer works there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I should work with? I spoke with a girl named Lisa when I called TWE. She seems nice enough but I'll admit ~ I'm a nervous bride and don't want to run into any problems.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I worked with Alba and LOVED her! In fact, I am still in contact with her. I would suggest, now that Alba's no longer there, working with Leidys. She was new when I was planning my wedding and was working a lot with Alba. I've worked with Leidys since the wedding on some items and she seems to know what she's doing and if she doesn't have the answer to something she seems to get the answer and get back with you fairly quickly.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I started with Naydee and did most of my correspondence with her for 9 months. With 1.5 months left before the wedding, I started receiving written correspondence from Leidys and phone calls from Lisa. I heard nothing more from Naydee (i never asked if i could deal her instead because she neither super friendly nor helpful - she was average). Leidys was very efficient and I found that Lisa didn't seem to know answers right away but made the effort to call back promptly. Lisa was always very friendly.

I had some frustrations with TWE but the Princess onboard coordinator made up for everything! She was fantastic! Things that seemed difficult for TWE to do, was not a problem at all once we were onboard.

Good luck with your planning!

Linda

Our first phone calls to TWE were with different people. Thenwe found Alba who we worked with. When we went to book the reception I dealt with a guy named Aaron. He is very knowledgeable. Some of our correspondence comes from Leidys, and she has also called us on follow-ups. I feel comfortable with both of them. We are only 7 weeks away from the wedding, and Aaron always gets back to me quickly, and if he's not sure, Leidys calls back with the answer.

:mad:

I just called The Wedding Experience to speak to Alba and book our Princess Wedding Package. I had read/heard that Alba was great to work with. I was told she no longer works there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I should work with? I spoke with a girl named Lisa when I called TWE. She seems nice enough but I'll admit ~ I'm a nervous bride and don't want to run into any problems.

Thanks in advance.

Alba left The Wedding Experience for the same reason Terry Casner in St Thomas did. They take top people who are smarter than they are, do excellent jobs, give great customer service, and then make their lives miserable. They like to stick with the uninformed low wage worker who cannot even spell in an email or answer wedding questions.

Terry Casner resigned her job with them and then 2 months after she left they came back to her and fired her. Go figure that one out. That must be why Terry sued them. I have been following the suit on the Virgin Islands Federal District website (matter of public record and it looks like she is slaughtering them in court). How do you fire someone who had already resigned and left the company. Speaks volumes about that Miami outfit. Don't know Alaba, but have read many, many great things about her.

Thanks for everyone's input. I've spoken to Lisa (at TWE) a couple of times on the phone and she has answered my questions for me. She hasn't tried to talk me into any upgrades or additional things yet but then our wedding isn't until Sept./07. So far we have just booked the Tie The Knot At Sea package. We're still trying to decide all the other things. Any ideas or suggestions are certainly appreciated. We're thinking of booking Sabatinis or Sterling (or both?) depending on whether we go with the hors d'oeuvres with open bar or just dinner. Any thoughts?

Thanks

:mad:

That must be why Terry sued them. I have been following the suit on the Virgin Islands Federal District website (matter of public record and it looks like she is slaughtering them in court).

What's that link? I love a good read!!!

IMO they TWE hires people whose applications have been thrown into the trash by McDonalds....

I agree with Sas80. And the Carnival wedding dept. isnt any better. We returned from our wedding cruise on Sunday and I havent even calmed down enough to begin writing what happened during our reception and how horribly they handled it.

Hi,

I am getting married on the Norwegian Spirit (in NY's port) on July 16, 2006. I hope the wedding goes smoothly. The people I have been speaking with at TWE are very pleasant but not the most helpful. I started out with Natalia but then she sent me an e-mail statting that it was her last day of work. This upset me because she was the only one I had been dealing with. Then, Andrea took over my account. I barely hear back from her when I call or e-mail. I speak with Mandy (her supervisor?) once in a while but sometimes I feel like I am annoying them.

My fiance and I planned our wedding in under 6 weeks and we want things to go as smoothly as possible. Hopefully, our wedding day will be well worth all the stress. Wish us luck!:) And good luck to all of you, as well!

~Lisa

Good Luck with everything Lisa! I'm sure you and your FH will have a wonderful cruise and a fantastic wedding. Please let us know how things go. I've cruised with NCL a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Cheers!

Hi,

I am getting married on the Norwegian Spirit (in NY's port) on July 16, 2006. I hope the wedding goes smoothly. The people I have been speaking with at TWE are very pleasant but not the most helpful. I started out with Natalia but then she sent me an e-mail statting that it was her last day of work. This upset me because she was the only one I had been dealing with. Then, Andrea took over my account. I barely hear back from her when I call or e-mail. I speak with Mandy (her supervisor?) once in a while but sometimes I feel like I am annoying them.

My fiance and I planned our wedding in under 6 weeks and we want things to go as smoothly as possible. Hopefully, our wedding day will be well worth all the stress. Wish us luck!:) And good luck to all of you, as well!

~Lisa

I found TWE to be unprofessional and really lacking in any sense of customer service. Same impressions as you listed above.... They defeinitely add to the stress of the event.

The good news is that the actual coordination of your ceremony and the reception event will be handled by the staff ON the ship, and employed BY the ship (not contractors of the cruiseline, such as TWE/Royal Romance)

We all know the quality of service we get from our cruiselines that's why we decide to do a cruise wedding!

My suggestion to you is to document as much as possible in case anything goes wrong but to really count on everything turning out great - despite the indifferent attitude you get from TWE.

I agree with Sas80. And the Carnival wedding dept. isnt any better. We returned from our wedding cruise on Sunday and I havent even calmed down enough to begin writing what happened during our reception and how horribly they handled it.

Well, write your letter girl! I sent the same letter to Royal Caribbean and Royal Romance and got a refund of the items that were so blatantly mis handled as part of my reception.

Everything I had complaints about had to do with the people that The Wedding Experience/Royal Romance had hired to handle parts of the ceremony - NOT the staff that is employed by Royal Caribbean.

Carnival also uses The Wedding Experience to handle aspects of their onboard weddings.

If I can so urge you, please post a review of the good and the bad of your wedding so that others may benefit.

Then, once you have your succinct, formal complaint letter composed, please post it here. And please let us know how everything turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

Please note - SAS80 was married in Cabo - not in San Pedro - the coordinators she speaks about were the Mexican staff, totally different from the staff in San Pedro. Just wanted to clarify that

Please note - SAS80 was married in Cabo - not in San Pedro - the coordinators she speaks about were the Mexican staff, totally different from the staff in San Pedro. Just wanted to clarify that

None of the people I worked with, that were contracted through Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience, were of Mexican Nationality. All were white bread, fair haired, English speaking peoples.

Yes, I did get married on the ship while docked in Cabo San Lucas.

KAY24 - you work for RR/TWE out of San Pedro, huh?

I just received a call from my coordinator (wedding is August 6th on Carnival Conquest) and apparently Janice, who was assigned to our wedding, is no longer with them. Someone named Estavia left the message and said that I could call back to confirm dates and times and speak to any coordinator that answered the phone. When I called back not ten minutes later she was at lunch, so I spoke to someone named Leesey. She was nice but just basically read me the information off of the notes that Estavia wrote down (she was having a hard time reading the writing).

I was just mostly concerned about where it will all take place, and wanted to confirm that our guest list and tux order had made it to them OK. After that, I think I can handle anything else. We're brining our own officiant so as long as we get onboard the ship our wedding can take place no matter what!!

Only nine days until I do! Woo hoo!

Archived