Which Tortola Beach with 2 small children? Leaving on 9/1 Legend

atroop711

Hi

I will be stopping in Tortola and need a beach to visit with my family. The children are 6 yr and 2yr. I am hoping to find a beautiful beach with bathrooms and maybe a food stand?

Any ideas you can give me I would really appreciate it. I would love to do the Baths but not with the kids so need some good ideas!

Thanks

Annette:)

We went to Cane Garden Bay and loved it. There were bathrooms and I believe 2 bar/ restaraunts. Also you could rent banana boats or jet skis.

The Taxi was $6 per person to get there and will return for you at the time you request is you wish.

We have decided that both in Tortola and St Thomas we are going to go to resort and pay the day fee. This allows us to use the beach, towels, chairs, pool and restaurants. I spoke with many resorts this week to find out which allwo this. In Tortola we are going to Long Bay Beach resort, the fee is minimal, like $50.00 per day for the family. I will let you know how it is. We like to do this for obvious reasons (the small children). In St Thomas we are going to the Wyndahm sugar bay, I thing 75.00 per family. I actually spoke with the manager at Caneel Bay on St Johns, she gave me her name and said I could use the facility for FREE! The problem is we do not really have the time since we dock so late in the am at ST. Thomas. But I may change my mind and will let you know when I get back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We are also on the Legend on the 1st. (2 adults, 4 children) I have been to Tortola several times, and I wish we had more time there.

Even though there will be plenty of cruisers there, Cane Garden Bay is the place to go.

We will be getting a taxi to go there in the morning, coming back in time to do a little shopping in road town, then back on board. :(

vincenzo

Another vote for Cane Garden Bay. The water is calm and perfect for kids. There are multiple restaurants and rest rooms. You can rent umbrellas and chairs.

denabdben - how did you find out about the daily rate for Long Bay Beach Resort? and do you need to make reservations? I found their web site but nothing about a daily pass. thanks. vicky

Archived