Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Does anyone know if Paradise Beach still takes credit cards? We were there last year a week before Wilma and they did take credit cards, but wasn't sure with the hurricane if there were problems with that now? Paradise Beach was a good deal, but with 4 people w/braclets all day buying drinks, food, t-shirts and hair braiding the credit card came in handy.

Thanks

Yup, Visa and MC accepted...have fun!

paradisecozumel

Hello PB Tom, As I have previously warned you, we will be invading Paradise Beach on Fri, Oct. 6. Seems I have generated a little more interest on our roll call and our "Rhapsody Raiders" group may expand to a great deal more than just the 7 of us. You may have to order a little more "Windex". :D

Bring on the "Windex Raiders"! I ain't skeered!:D

paradisecozumel

We do have a strong employees that are used to carrying wheelchairs and their passengers almost anywhere on the beach though!:)

Thanks for the quick response Tom, I appreciate the offer I may just have to take you up on it and save my back a little bit of lifting. Now that's some good customer service.

Thanks,

Stingray310

Snorkeling does any one know how much it cost and how long you acually snorkel?

The snorkel trip that departs from Paradise Beach is $35 plus the $2 marine park fee - it leaves at 12:30pm and returns at 2:30pm - you go to Columbia and Palancar reefs - I'm guessing you spend about 30-40 minutes snorkeling at each reef. Still trying to get out there to do the trip but the only day I have off is Sunday and the trip doesn't run on Sundays!! hint hint Tom.

Jacqui

We will be in Cozumel for the first time 10/5/06. My 8 yr old son isn't a very strong swimmer. Are there life vests available on Paradise Beach?

Yes, ane he will need it. We were there in August with my 7 and 10 year olds. The water is too deep at the trampoline to stand.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

Thanks to another reader I went to the cozumelinsider.com site.

On the beaches page clicking on Paradise Beach I've read so many good things about, it mentions the normally $8 for beach toys is free.

Don't know how long this offer is good or if really valid, but worth a try if you're going.

Has anyone taken the dune buggy trip? We have 3.5 yr old twins, and need something active for them. Disney's excursion they don't meet the age requirement, but the cozumelinsider.com trip does allow younger kids.

Thanks.

Just got back from a week on the Glory and just wanted to say thanks to Tom and the crew at the beach. We had a great time relaxing in confortable chairs at a beautiful beach. We were not harssed to buy things as at some we have been and the crew at the beach just came by enough to make sure we had what we wanted. Tom came by to check on us and we ask about a place to eat in town. Tom, we went to that place and I had the shrimp and it was great. Wish I could remember the name to tell others. It was mostly locals when we went. Any way thanks again and if anyone is wondering where to go to relax, This is it...ez:cool:

Thanks to another reader I went to the cozumelinsider.com site.

On the beaches page clicking on Paradise Beach I've read so many good things about, it mentions the normally $8 for beach toys is free.

Don't know how long this offer is good or if really valid, but worth a try if you're going.

Has anyone taken the dune buggy trip? We have 3.5 yr old twins, and need something active for them. Disney's excursion they don't meet the age requirement, but the cozumelinsider.com trip does allow younger kids.

Thanks.

Paradise Beach - only day it's free is Sundays - the rest of the week there is an $8 fee p/p for the floats, water trampoline, iceburg, kayaks etc. ----

Sorry if there was any confusion

I believe we have emailed about the Dune Buggy already today... hope the response helped!

Jacqui

Hi Tom!

I have done lots of research and we think that Paridise Beach would be the perfect fit for our group. We are looking for a beach day with a snorkel option. We have 6 of us and we would like to make a reservation for Sat. Oct 21. We would like to reserve chairs and the snorkel trip for all 6 of us. Let me know if this is OK.

Jill

I know this may be off the subject but I knew if anyoen knew the answer you would...

Is it possible to send home liquor from Cozumel? Is it feasible?

Is there a post office in Coz to do so.

We want to send back some Kahlua and maybe some tequila.

I read that you can do this and the liquor you send home wont count towards your liquor allowance.

We are leaving for Coz on Saturday so if you can answer this I would be greatful...

P.S. we have been to PB several time, brought school supplies with us for the kids and we loved your facilty. Hoping to come agin this trip and if not this trip then in Decmeber when we cruise again

Thanks for all your help

Karen

Still trying to get out there to do the trip but the only day I have off is Sunday and the trip doesn't run on Sundays!! hint hint Tom.

Jacqui

So are ya telling me you only get one day off a week? Take an extra day this week...it's slow season for crying out loud!;)

paradisecozumel

Just got back from a week on the Glory and just wanted to say thanks to Tom and the crew at the beach. We had a great time relaxing in confortable chairs at a beautiful beach. We were not harssed to buy things as at some we have been and the crew at the beach just came by enough to make sure we had what we wanted. Tom came by to check on us and we ask about a place to eat in town. Tom, we went to that place and I had the shrimp and it was great. Wish I could remember the name to tell others. It was mostly locals when we went. Any way thanks again and if anyone is wondering where to go to relax, This is it...ez:cool:

Thank you!!!

paradisecozumel

Hi Tom!

I have done lots of research and we think that Paridise Beach would be the perfect fit for our group. We are looking for a beach day with a snorkel option. We have 6 of us and we would like to make a reservation for Sat. Oct 21. We would like to reserve chairs and the snorkel trip for all 6 of us. Let me know if this is OK.

Jill

We're not allowed to do "business" on the boards, please email me!:)

paradisecozumel

I would like to hear from some of you who have parasailed from Paradise Beach, for advice about photographing and/or video recording it.

Does the parasailing rep take photos and/or video to offer for sale? If so, what is the cost? If not, are they willing to do so using your camera?

Do you recommend taking a camera up with you; would the view make for good pics?

I am posting this question live from the Carnival Conquest…we will be in Cozumel on Friday. Any information my fellow CC’ers can provide will be gratefully appreciated, as always! :D

I know this may be off the subject but I knew if anyoen knew the answer you would...

Is it possible to send home liquor from Cozumel? Is it feasible?

Is there a post office in Coz to do so.

We want to send back some Kahlua and maybe some tequila.

I read that you can do this and the liquor you send home wont count towards your liquor allowance.

We are leaving for Coz on Saturday so if you can answer this I would be greatful...

P.S. we have been to PB several time, brought school supplies with us for the kids and we loved your facilty. Hoping to come agin this trip and if not this trip then in Decmeber when we cruise again

Thanks for all your help

Karen

WOW! Never heard of people sending back liquor before! Unfortunately mailing away liquor is not an area of my expertise:D Are you sure you want to chance it? Don't even know if the post office would accept the responsibility. There is a post office right downtown on the main drag beside Carlos 'n Charlies, a convenient location. I'm going to have to defer to other folks on this board; has anyone ever mailed liquor bottles from Cozumel?

I think most stores who sell the liqor offer shipping. I've never done this myself but have friends who say they have. You just make your purchase, and then ask for it to be shipped to . . . .

Of course I'm sure there's a shipping charge but would be worth it not having to haul it home yourself along with all your luggage. (allthough I have seen people coming home off their flights carrying the cardboard six pack case of liqor bottles).

I believe Carnival ships also sell a small softsided suitcase on wheels to be used as a carryon to tote home liqor. (Tip: 1/2 price on last day of cruise)

Just DON'T make the same mistake a friend of mine made a few years ago who found a on Kaluha she couldn't refuse, and wanted to take a JUMBO size bottle home for her sister. She was sure that if she rolled it up in 1-2-3 bath towels and packed all her clothes around it in her suitcase that it would be fine.

Unfortunately, when we found her bag in the luggage claim area, it was sitting in a pool of kaluha:-(and all of her clothes were ruined.

I believe Carnival ships also sell a small softsided suitcase on wheels to be used as a carryon to tote home liqor. (Tip: 1/2 price on last day of cruise)

Sadly, with the "liquid" restrictions...you can't carry it on the airplane. And I am sure it would end up like your friend's if someone checked it.

WOW! Never heard of people sending back liquor before! Unfortunately mailing away liquor is not an area of my expertise:D Are you sure you want to chance it? Don't even know if the post office would accept the responsibility. There is a post office right downtown on the main drag beside Carlos 'n Charlies, a convenient location. I'm going to have to defer to other folks on this board; has anyone ever mailed liquor bottles from Cozumel?

Thanks for replying.

It may not be feasible but will see if anyone else knows.

Thanks so much

Karen

I think most stores who sell the liqor offer shipping. I've never done this myself but have friends who say they have. You just make your purchase, and then ask for it to be shipped to . . . .

Of course I'm sure there's a shipping charge but would be worth it not having to haul it home yourself along with all your luggage. (allthough I have seen people coming home off their flights carrying the cardboard six pack case of liqor bottles).

Just DON'T make the same mistake a friend of mine made a few years ago who found a on Kaluha she couldn't refuse, and wanted to take a JUMBO size bottle home for her sister. She was sure that if she rolled it up in 1-2-3 bath towels and packed all her clothes around it in her suitcase that it would be fine.

Unfortunately, when we found her bag in the luggage claim area, it was sitting in a pool of kaluha:-(and all of her clothes were ruined.

Thanks for replying.

Will try that when we hit Coz in a few days!!!

Thanks

Karen

Archived