Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

we are heading to PB In Jan and reading all of your threads makes me wish I were there now!!!!

For those who have just been there; how does the beach look (post hurricane), how were the drinks and did anyone snorkel or do the jetski's?

Are all the Carnival ships docking now? We are on the triumph and was hoping not to have to tender........

thanks, deb

How's the snorkeling there? Any fishes to see compared to Chakanab? Is the beach as rocky as Chakanab? How much is the taxi fare there from the Carnival pier and admission costs to the beach? Can we bring own snorkel and mask or do we have to rent all equipment and vests there? Sorry if I am redundant from previous posts but I looked thru a few pages of the post and I'm out of time. Only have 1 beach day on this cruise. Thanks!!

My husband and I will be sailing into Cozumel on Oct 26th with carnivals fantasy ship. I had been looking at all the outings for weeks. I am so glad I found this thread..and OMG read every page lol. I am disabled..use a wheelchair for distance but can walk, even if I look drunk when I do lol, with a heavy cane. If you see a blonde with blue wheelchair and cane (probably popping my husband with it)...that will be us cause we are definately coming to PB. It has easy things I can do and more active things that my husband can do and feel comfortable not being far from me. I tried to get him to sign up for the other rugged tours and told him I would be fine on my own at the beach but he would have none of it. I feel so much better that here he wont have to just sit around me :D. Hope to see you Tom and sounds like you have a wonderful place..hope to see any other posters too. Come up and say a hello as I shouldn't be hard to find hehe.

The beach will be pretty slow that day so you can basically get your massage whenever you want! It's my day off but my staff will take good care of you...have a great day!

paradisecozumel

Hi Tom, we will be there October 30th and being the ONLY ship in town we should practically have the beach to ourselves:D. With that said what can you recommed we do at PB that people don't normally get a chance because of larger crowds. i.e. best sitting places, walking areas etc. Hope to meet you that day.

My husband and I will be sailing into Cozumel on Oct 26th with carnivals fantasy ship. I had been looking at all the outings for weeks. I am so glad I found this thread..and OMG read every page lol. I am disabled..use a wheelchair for distance but can walk, even if I look drunk when I do lol, with a heavy cane. If you see a blonde with blue wheelchair and cane (probably popping my husband with it)...that will be us cause we are definately coming to PB. It has easy things I can do and more active things that my husband can do and feel comfortable not being far from me. I tried to get him to sign up for the other rugged tours and told him I would be fine on my own at the beach but he would have none of it. I feel so much better that here he wont have to just sit around me :D. Hope to see you Tom and sounds like you have a wonderful place..hope to see any other posters too. Come up and say a hello as I shouldn't be hard to find hehe.

First of all, let me tell you how much I admire your spirit! You and your husband will love Paradise Beach. We were just there last Wednesday (11th) and they are definately as good as ever. If your date is not one of the black out dates, your husband could go snorkeling for $35.00. They provide all the equipment. They pick up right there at Paradise Beach at 12:30pm and he would be back by 2:30pm and you could relax on the beach under your umbrella while he is gone. I don't know how far the Catameran takes them out, but it MAY be possible that it is within walkie talkie distance and he could stay in contact with you the whole time. Just a thought....

We will be at PB on the 7th Nov (Freedom) and wondered are watershoes recommended for PB.

Also are lifejackets needed/provided for kayaking....my son (17) cant swim but thought kayaking might be ok for him....can someone advise me on this please.

Hope we get to meet Tom.....I know some of my cruise friends (Debbie & Jerry)were visiting PB recently from the 15th Oct Freedom cruise and they were hoping to meet Tom :D ;)

..use a wheelchair for distance but can walk,

Just be careful on the wheelchair ramp there, it is a very steep angle as we found out last week with my son's wheelchair. It worked fine but just wanted to warn you it is a little steeper than most ramps. You will almost definitely need someone to push you up down it and possibly someone behind them in case they slip on the loose sand at the bottom.

Stingray

Ok, got the bad news we are going to be at PB on a Wed. that is blacked out, and I'm at odds what to do.

I thought I had it all planned out, PB and a nice snorkle trip (one of the main reasons that I was getting off the ship, because I heard how

great it is there on the island) and PB for the beach and for the kids to hang out and have fun there..

Any thoughts what to do, anybody else close or would pickup there to go snorkle for couple of hours??

We will be at PB on the 7th Nov (Freedom) and wondered are watershoes recommended for PB.

Also are lifejackets needed/provided for kayaking....my son (17) cant swim but thought kayaking might be ok for him....can someone advise me on this please.

Hope we get to meet Tom.....I know some of my cruise friends (Debbie & Jerry)were visiting PB recently from the 15th Oct Freedom cruise and they were hoping to meet Tom :D ;)

My son always wears watershoes. Mainly because he doesn't like to walk barefoot in the water.

Yes, lifejackets are included in the wristband price (which goes up to $9 in November). The kayaking was a blast. They even had some folks get together and have a kayak race.

Ok, got the bad news we are going to be at PB on a Wed. that is blacked out, and I'm at odds what to do.

I thought I had it all planned out, PB and a nice snorkle trip (one of the main reasons that I was getting off the ship, because I heard how

great it is there on the island) and PB for the beach and for the kids to hang out and have fun there..

Any thoughts what to do, anybody else close or would pickup there to go snorkle for couple of hours??

Where do you get info on black out dates.

Thanks LHP :D

I think my son and his friend would enjoy this activity....are the kayaks two person or one ?

Thanks again

Paradise Tom can fill you in on more details about the kayaks...for some reason I can't remember. (maybe it was to many frozen drinks!!!)

Our group spent the day at PB last Saturday, October 7th. We enjoyed chatting with Tom and him allowing one of the homesick moms to love on his baby. I can't remember a whole lot of it, but our credit card statement says we had an outstanding time! I know I had a massage and a kayak race, the rest of it was washed away with whatever it is they kept coming around and pouring in my mouth. I hope to return someday. The crew from WV says thanks a bunch to Tom and your crew (I wish I could give our waiter a thank you but I can't even begin to know how to spell his name, my husband calls him changecha)! Hasta la vista!

Chrissy

Nice meeting you guys, that was a fun day! Glad the staff took good care of you and hope to see you again soon!

Oh, was the waiters name Crecensio?

paradisecozumel

We took a group of 8 to Paradise Beach this past Wed, October 11th. Our group consisted of me, dh and sons 7 and 9 as well as my BIL, SIL and nieces ages 6 and 12. The weather was absolute PERFECT!!! Hot and sunny! A quick 10 minute ride from the pier!

We got there about 11:30 as we tendered in off the Carnival Holiday and it took us a while to get it all together so we missed the "prime up front" locations, however we were seated in a great area in front of the trampolines a couple rows back!

Our waiter, Martine' (sp?) took excellent care of us...keeping our Sol cold and keeping them coming. He also was quite the supplier of Tequila Slammers for our little group. Shame on him! :eek:

The kids LOVED the iceberg and the trampolines! And yes, the wristband police were out in full force--LOL. Had to laugh at him trying to get folks off the trampoline for not wearing a wristband--shame on those people!

We had to drag the kids out of the water for lunch. We dined on Nachos (YUMMY) and quesidillas. The kids had the "mini-burgers". That is the LARGEST mini I have ever seen! It was an adult sized super burger! For 2 kids meals, 2 nachos and 2 buckets (10 total beers) of Sol, the grand total of our bill was $78.00 plus our tip...cannot beat that!

Best part of the trip...we got to meet Tom. ;) Hi Tom! We had asked our waiter if he was there yet and he said Tom was making the rounds. Once he got close to us, we were ready to eat, so we hollered over to him. He came over, whipped out his hand and there was my screen name

"jus10mom" written right on his hand. So you see...he does REALLY put you in his day planner! :D It was great to meet you Tom; PB is Totally GREAT.

Overall, a 10+. Great location, clean bathrooms, fabulous food, and great people. You cannot go wrong with Paradise Beach!!!! :p We cannot wait to come back again!!!!

Hey guys! Thanks for the great review, glad y'all had a great day with us. You'll be glad to know we're providing our bracelet police kayak with lights and sirens soon for even more amusement! Hasta la vista!:D

paradisecozumel

Alrighty! Just finished reading ALL 20+ pages of this thread! I cant wait! We are coming soon on Oct. 26 via the Caribbean Princess!

I've read how much fun the kids have had on the toys... but I want to know if the adults are allowed out there too! :) Because THIS particular "kid" (ok, I'm 29 ;) ) wants to play too! :) Any adults gone out there on the iceberg, etc?? Now, I dont want to take away any time/fun from the kids, but I do think I want to give it a shot or two ;)

-Jill

No problemo, just be prepared to be embarrased by the kids zipping past you on the way up! Have fun:D

paradisecozumel

Archived