Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

My husband and I went to PB last spring and it was wonderful..the beach is so clean and clear. The staff is constantly cleaning up. The waiters are great and attentive. The food is wonderful (esp the guacamole!). The drinks are cold and reasonably priced also.

The bathrooms were clean and they have clean fresh water to rinse off in.

It was a perfect relaxing beach day... we are going back in January and I can't wait.

Our next stop (after Cozemel) was Costa Maya and we paid for a beach excursion at a "new beautiful beach" -- ha! It was dirty and disgusting! I was so put off that we left and spent th day on the ship.

I paid much less for drinks/food/taxi to PB and it was MUCH BETTER!

Kudos to PB staff and Tom for creating a fun and clean beach :D

Cozumel Monday Oct. 16th 8am

We pulled into Cozumel. This was our first stop and I couldnt be more thrilled after spending the last day a little sea sick. We got off fairly quickly once we realized were to go. We tookt he standard pics and set off to explore Cozumel. Since it was really early 7am island time, not much was opened, so we walked down the street to Diamonds International to get our free braacelet and moved on to the only other open store and then decided to grab our cab to Paradise Beach. Cost to get there $12, we gave him $15.

When we arrived we were one of the first groups there. There was only three other families there and I think technically they hadnt even opened yet as there was no one at the podium, bar was closed and everything else was closed. We grabbed a good spot for chairs and made ourselves at home. The beach is truly beautiful and i found everything there to be really clean. The iceberg and trampoline were out and there were a few people using it already. We didnt try it this trip but maybe on the next.

Finally things seemed to be opening up but by then we had already swam and sat for a while. Our waitor was Crescensio and he was great! He came over to make sure we were ok and if we needed anyhing. IT was a little early to drink but we tol dhim in a bit. This was our chance to practice our snorkeling as I hadnt been in awhile and i think dbf had never been. There really wasnt much to see and since its a beach people would kick up sand and it got cloudy but he point was to practice, which we did plenty off. Later int he day I venturee out with DBF past the iceberg to snorkel, it was really kool. We also were taking advantage of the underwater case I had bought before the trip and that worked great, took a lot of pictures there to see how they would turn out.

The food and drinks were great! I have to say tho that altho I reallyenjoyed the frozen drinks they are a little bit slushy not as frozen as we are acustomed to. They were still realy good and that forced you to drink it quick. We decided to start off with the NAchos and the yard of Paradise punch. These are the best nachos I have ever had!! HAnds down! They were so good in fact I had them 2x. Also ordered a bucket of beer, a bottle of beer, another paradise punch (not the yard this time), soda and water. For lunch I had the double stacked quesadillas and they were great!!! really meaty and very tasty. I am not sure who's cooking back there or what they are using but the food is some of the best!

While are paradise I also had a massage. I think I was the only one tho. It was GOOD! I had gone to get it right after drinking the yard, well i fell asleep I think, not fully but just in a daze and it was very good. She did an excellent job, the only thing is that towards the end it got hot and i could feel myself beginning to sweat,otherwise having sounds of waves, the beach and the breeze, I'd highly recommend a massage there. I also saw lots of people getting their hair braided right next door. I had a 45 minute massage by the way.

All in all it was great day at Paradise beach. There were bathrooms and showers availabel as well as a guy ther with a hose in case you wanted to just do your feet or other stuff. Total for paradise beach with tips left was $144. We grabbed a cab back to the the pier for $13, again we left $15. We had a few hours to walk around and do some shopping. We went to walk about 5 blocks or a little more past the pier and went off one block in and found a great flea market area where we bought a bag for our snorkeling stuff. We figured out that if you wait and wait the prices keep getting lower and also we were told a few times that since we spoke the language, it was cheaper for us. We bought a few souvernirs and magnets and such and also a few bottles of tequila. Really great prices and there was only 2x that we encountered a really pushy shop person, otherwise we wer told ot come in and look and a simple no thanks would do. We got back to the ship around 5:50.

All in all I loved Cozumel and woudl like to go back there again and spend some more time. This and Jamaica were my must do again islands!

We always enjoy our time at Paradise Beach. We were there on the 11th and had a great time. There were only 4 ships in port and we always try to get there early. Our youngest son can't stay to long...but we managed a couple of hours this time. The crowd was growing as we departed but it was not crowded that morning at all.

When we go back in December, there will only be 2 ships in port...so that will make for a nice day!!

Hi Tom,

My family and I will be visiting PB on February 1st on Voyager of the Seas. We are looking forward to experiencing all the fun. What time does PB open? We want to make sure we are there early. There are several from our roll call that are coming and our party alone has 8. Not to mention the rest on the roll call. Wondered if you were a fan of OSU?

Wow...Cozumel and only one ship.

I thought we were doing good to only have 2 ships in that day.

Four ships really wasn't that bad. (especially since the points of entry are are all spread out)

Tom, write Pam and Charlie on your hand for November 4th arriving on the Inspiration. We'll see you there around noonish. I have been talking this up to my wife and tellling her how great it will be. She doesn't read these boards and has to hear me telling her about what people have to say. Hopefully she will enjoy our visit and............... she loves a good margarita.....:) Looking forward to meeting you.

So I don't have to go back and read all of the posts, what was the usual taxi fare for two people to PB?

Hi Tom,

I'll be seeing you in 3 days, and i'm bringing alot of friends with me. We have a huge group (approx 100) traveling with us, and I know at least 30 of us are heading to pb, soooo get ready. Only two ships in port that day, so we figure we will have to start the party and keep it going... no problem. I have never been to p.b. , but have visited cozumel many times. I have heard wonderful things about it and can't wait to see it and enjoy it. We are a big group from Louisiana celebrating the cruise industry returning to New Orleans, we know first hand how a storm can destroy your home. we hope to drop a few dollars into your economy on Sat, to continue your "re-building" process! See ya soon

Monica

We will be in cozumel Oct 31st and wanted to go to PB. We were reading the reviews from the Grandeur last wk and people said there was no running water. Is this problem fixed? Also there will be 7 ships in port that day and am wondering if PB will be too crowded. Any suggestions?

We will be in cozumel Oct 31st and wanted to go to PB. We were reading the reviews from the Grandeur last wk and people said there was no running water. Is this problem fixed? Also there will be 7 ships in port that day and am wondering if PB will be too crowded. Any suggestions?

Yep, they had an 18 wheeler hit a pole at Puerta Maya (where the old Carnival pier is ~~or was) and knocked out the power to everything from there south. That is a LONG ways!! Everyone was without power, not just PB. It should all be good now!!

When we were there on the 11th, there were 4 ships in port and it was not crowded at PB at all. I would suggest that you go first thing in the morning for several reasons. It is less crowded, it is before the main heat of the day and then you have time to shop later on if you want to!!

PB is always our first stop. We have a special needs son who can't stay more than a couple of hours, so we start there...go back to the ship for lunch and change and then go shopping (or people watching at Senor Frogs!)

Have a great cruise.

Tom, write Pam and Charlie on your hand for November 4th arriving on the Inspiration. We'll see you there around noonish. I have been talking this up to my wife and tellling her how great it will be. She doesn't read these boards and has to hear me telling her about what people have to say. Hopefully she will enjoy our visit and............... she loves a good margarita.....:) Looking forward to meeting you.

So I don't have to go back and read all of the posts, what was the usual taxi fare for two people to PB?

We'll be there the same day! Have fun, see you there!:D

Cozumel Monday Oct. 16th 8am

While are paradise I also had a massage. I think I was the only one tho. It was GOOD! I had gone to get it right after drinking the yard, well i fell asleep I think, not fully but just in a daze and it was very good. She did an excellent job, the only thing is that towards the end it got hot and i could feel myself beginning to sweat,otherwise having sounds of waves, the beach and the breeze, I'd highly recommend a massage there. I also saw lots of people getting their hair braided right next door. I had a 45 minute massage by the way.

Hubby has been wanting to get a massage and I tried to talk him into doing that the last time we were there. He was a little hesitant. I think he will be ready by December!!

LHP....do you work for Paradise Beach?? I noticed you claimed they did not "own the pier" but apparently they do as they maintain it, in the thread where the guy got hurt there and they did not seem to care much?

frankly when I see this much cheerleading and putting down of any review that is not totally complimentary I think "stay away">> might be nice but your cheerleading is a huge turn off frankly

Yes, it may have been great the day you were there...but when they had no water or power maybe, just maybe they dropped the ball...maybe just maybe they have a particular waiter who lacks customer skills...

I for one get sick of people who refuse to let others post a review that is not to their liking, the cheerleading is a huge turnoff

I am planning a trip on Glory and will probably go to Uvos? to avoid this sort of fan club stuff

JMO of course

LHP....do you work for Paradise Beach?? I noticed you claimed they did not "own the pier" but apparently they do as they maintain it, in the thread where the guy got hurt there and they did not seem to care much?

frankly when I see this much cheerleading and putting down of any review that is not totally complimentary I think "stay away">> might be nice but your cheerleading is a huge turn off frankly

Yes, it may have been great the day you were there...but when they had no water or power maybe, just maybe they dropped the ball...maybe just maybe they have a particular waiter who lacks customer skills...

I for one get sick of people who refuse to let others post a review that is not to their liking, the cheerleading is a huge turnoff

I am planning a trip on Glory and will probably go to Uvos? to avoid this sort of fan club stuff

JMO of course

I don't work there and I am not a cheerleader. I am simply someone who has exposed a supposedly grown man with a cut who chose to completely misrepresent the situation and libel a good company.

That pier is constantly referenced by many local operators when they say "meet us at OUR pier at Paradise Beach"....which is why I "questioned" who owned it. I never said Paradise did not own it and never said they did.

Sorry an 18 wheeler dared to interrupt his vacation that day. No power means no pumped water. It was the entire area south of Puerta Maya, not just Paradise Beach. Sorry that a grown man walked on a pier that has hand rails, scored rocks for more traction and cleaned daily and still managed to fall and cut himself.

But for him to make libel statements (false statements causing damage to one's reputation) like "everyone was falling"....is inexcusable. Thank goodness there were other people who posted that walked on that same pier that same day with no problems. Funny that you did not care that he wasn't being truthful...

And then to come on here and make a blanket statement that Paradise Beach is not safe for families , because he can't manage to walk down a set of steps and figure out that a stone under water might be a little slick is irresponsible.

Thankfully, people will see this for the isolated ( and completely misrepresented ) incident that it was. And if you don't...then so be it!

Tom:

Thank you for for your kind words and special attention on Friday, 20OCT06m when my friends, family and I visited Paradise Beach.

It was a pleasure meeting you and the gang and I'm glad you got to meet my son on one of his rare appearances at PB! Thanks for the kind words and review....hasta la proxima!:)

paradisecozumel

My husband and I were at Paradise Beach, for the 7th or 8th time, the beginning of Oct. As usual we had a great time!!! My husband went parasailing, rented a jet ski and after a few trips to the bar he even got a henna tatoo. He is by no means a kid but something about Paradise Beach can bring the kid out in a 63 yr. old man. What a place!! I guess the main reason anyone, young or old would like it is how great you are treated. Tom, has the best employees!! The Foo Foo drinks don't hurt either. Marie and Dave

Thank you!!:D

HI TOMMMMMMMMMM,

My family of 9 will be coming to visit you on Oct. 31 Halloween, BOO, lol

I will only look like I have a mask on but, but no, that would be my normal self, lol

My name is Sue. Just scream out HELLO WATERMAN and we will know it is you.

The family keeps asking me if I had picked out a good place to go for the day, I said just you wait and see, I shall say no more.

I wonder if you would roll the red carpet out on the sand for me when I come, lol, Just kidding, I will be there before you that day.

There will be 8 Ships in that day, but only one at 6am before us, and two more at 7am (which one we will be on, FREEDOM OF THE SEAS).

I plan on getting off the ship as soon as possable.

What time can we get on the beach and rent a chair?

And you do rent Floats to lay on right?

I will be looking forward to meeting you around 12 noon, I will ask one of your staff who you are, and to point you out to us, and I will say Hello.

What is the Local beer called again?

I will be drinking that, not to much I hope, I have a big enough mouth with out to much beer in me, lol

Just look out or should I say Listen for the group that is the loudest, we do have loud mouths. (and that is with no achohol) lol

I am trying to brush up on my Spanish, but I think everything comes out as a bad word, lol, so I will not say anything to you in Spanish, lol

All I need to know in Spanish is:

La Playa (PB)

+

Cerveza

Gracias

See you real soon

Sue (Waterman)

Look forward to meeting y'all and with 8 ships, ya better get here quick!

The service staff gets here at around 9 am but you can get here earlier and hang out. The gates open around 7am (CST). Chairs and umbrellas are free as long as you are purchasing food/drink and the floats are included with 4 other "watertoys" when you purchase your fun-pass bracelet.

We sell 4 local beers: Sol, Dos XX, Tecate and Superior. Sol is our best seller.

See you soon, I'll keep an ear out for the Loudmouths!:D

I am so excited to be in PB in January; Tom you have to check out the roll call for Triumph 1/6/07 :) seems like all of us are heading to PB so you may want to order some extra alcohol :) we are all planning on drinking and spending the day with you.......

I also would like a drink in a pineapple, is it possible? I've seen a pic of the pineapple but not sure if it was fileld with anything

Thanks for the invite...I'll have to check it out! You can get anything you want in the pineapple (I don't recomend scotch though...) but it is traditionally filled with Pina Colada! Hasta la vista!:)

Archived