Stingray City Tour

centerpoint

We had booked on-line the half-day excursion with Captain Marvin’s. Once on-shore, the place was easy to find. On the way to the boat, our bus driver gave a good narrative of the places we were passing. The boat is not brand-new, but is in good condition. The crew was friendly and engaging. We went to two different snorkeling stops – the reef and the coral gardens. These were excellent stops; very memorable. After that, we went out to the stingray sandbar, and it was an amazing experience. Kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I would highly recommend this kind of trip with whichever excursion group you choose.

Here’s a sidenote: don’t try to use the spray sunscreen while the boat is in motion. After we got back from the excursion, I had several white circles on my back where the sunscreen actually hit – and these were surrounded by a beautiful field of pink skin! (Not too bad – a pretty mild burn that didn’t affect the trip.)

Thanks for the review! We're booked with Captain Marvin's in less than a month! :D We're really looking forward to it. Can you answer a few questions for me?

How long to get from their office to the boat?

How deep was the snorkeling?

How long did you spend with the stingrays?

How long were you in the boat moving on the water? As in, do I need to give my DD some Bonine before we get on the boat?

Did you feel comfortable leaving your personal belongings on the boat?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Jane

1- about a fifteen minute, narrated ride

2- between 10 and 15 feet deep, but sometimes as shallow as 8 feet - flotation devices were provided for those who felt they needed them

3- between 30-40 minutes

4- 30 minutes out, 30 minutes back (Once you get out there, the stops aren't that far apart. - the boat was fairly stable, but it's still the ocean. tough call, but we didn't need it at all (family of five). You know your family better...if they're prone to motion sickness, maybe they need it. We didn't.

5- completely comfortable...everyone else was in the water, too - but we didn't bring a bunch of valuables off the ship anyway.

Archived