Soda Cards

For your cruise, an adult card is $44; a kid's [under 18] card is $35. Individual glasses of soda [whixh is what you get with the card] are $1.25

A soda card is well worth it if you are a "soda drinker". We get one as soon as we get on board. You don't have to go back to your cabin to get a drink and can get one whenever you want it and as much as you want. Have fun.

Cotton, good idea. I usually bring the extra mini suitecase for my water due to having one kidney ~ like to keep it my room for the extra convience. They are flying in from Ct but could use one of my suitcases. Thanks Lulu

We always take some sodas and water with us for in our cabin and to take out into the ports, but believe me it is much better to have the soda card to use on the ship. You can get a soda anytime, and there is no limit! My daughter and I get one right away and we even try to keep track in our heads how many we have drunk on the cruise. We always get more than our money's worth! You can even get fresh orange juice and several other kinds of juices that are only at the bars, and non alchohalic Shirley Temple's, and many different sodas such as coke, diet coke, sprite, Fanta orange, Mr. Pibb, Ginger Ale, etc. If they like cherry coke tell them to ask for a cherry coke and they will make one with coke and real cherry syrup, they are really good. A soda card is great to because you can have soda at dinner in the formal dining rooms. It is a great value for a soda drinker! Have fun on your cruise! We will be leaving on the Glory on the 22nd!:)

Guest YesitDonna

you have to average about 5 soda's a day to break even with the card. Bring your own and buy the occational soda if you need it. On the Lido deck they have free lemonade, fruit punch and iced tea.

One of the downsides I have found with the soda card was the attitude of many of the bar staff toward it. This was not just one or two individuals - many of them acted as if I were bothering them to ask for a soda. Maybe because they know they won't get a tip from pouring a diet coke?

We have always been treated great when using our soda cards, and are usually offered free snacks too! My daughter likes Shirley Temple's and on our Liberty cruise our bar waiter in the dining room found out her favorite color is green and every night brought hers with a green umbrella and several cherrys. In the dining rooms they always have our soft drinks there after the first night when we arrive and bring as many as we need and are always cheerful! Most soda drinkers will drink more than five a day on a cruise. We have found that at most of the bars and in the theater the bar waiters will remember what you want after a time or two and smile and happily fix it for you, the crew works very hard to please you and they are not always looking for a tip. The soda card is easy, convenient, fun and a good deal if you want to drink soda. There is also lemonade, punch, water, etc. on the Lido for free.

I always get the pop card, and love it, but I do see the point about not being treated as well by some bartenders. Don't get me wrong, by the end of my last cruise I had made several friends with different bartenders who knew me by name, but there were always those notorious ones who seemed like they were muttering something under their breath...

Oh well, just smile at them and exclaim: "Have a nice day!" and maybe that will shock 'em.

Is the soda card needed for all non-alcholic beverages? Are any beverages free at all times....water or tea maybe?

Gary...LOTS of beverages included in your cruise fare.

On Lido Deck there are dispensers. No charge for coffee, decaf, lemonade, punch, juices, iced tea, hot water and tea bags and hot chocolate packets. Milk, skim milk, chocolate milk available at mealtimes.

In the dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, coffee, decaf, milk, as well as espresso and cappuccino - no extra charge.

From room service - Most of the same beverages as on Lido except lemonade and punch - available 24 hrs. a day. No charge, but tip the delivery person $1-2 each time they bring an order.:)

We have always been treated great when using our soda cards, and are usually offered free snacks too! My daughter likes Shirley Temple's and on our Liberty cruise our bar waiter in the dining room found out her favorite color is green and every night brought hers with a green umbrella and several cherrys. In the dining rooms they always have our soft drinks there after the first night when we arrive and bring as many as we need and are always cheerful! Most soda drinkers will drink more than five a day on a cruise. We have found that at most of the bars and in the theater the bar waiters will remember what you want after a time or two and smile and happily fix it for you, the crew works very hard to please you and they are not always looking for a tip. The soda card is easy, convenient, fun and a good deal if you want to drink soda. There is also lemonade, punch, water, etc. on the Lido for free.

Are Shirley Temples included in the soda card?

I do understand the desire for convenience, but I don't consider the cards a very good value, even for avid soda drinkers. A case of soda can be found at wal-mart for 6 bucks, so if your soda drinker really knocks himself out and drinks two cases all by himself in a week, it should cost you $12. So, $44 at home will buy you 7 cases, or 168 cans of soda. That's a stinkin' lot to pay for for one person.

Try it this way, consider the fact that you can usually buy a 2 Liter of Coke or Pepsi for around a dollar at the grocery store on sale. At $44 per card, thats 88 liters of soda...

I agree with the person that suggested having a nice cold stash back in the room, and occasionally buy a soda at the bar when you want something fast and close.

What about having a soda card for our 5-year-old? Can she carry her own/does she HAVE to carry her own? As she will probably be at Camp Carnival a lot, I'm not sure how the soda card will work for her. What if my husband wants a coke... can he use hers?

I'm not a soda person, so I don't really care, but I'm worried that if she has to carry her own card, then she will lose it.

Thanks in advance,

I am of two minds on the soda card issue.

If you don't drink alcohol the card comes in hand.

There is no way I could consume enough Diet Coke to match what I paid for the card. (In my case I was off the ship for the better part of three days on excursions so you are really talking about drinking a lot of pop on the remaining three days on the ship.)

Besides, it costs Carnival somewhere between a nickle and a dime a glass. I don't begrudge them making money but $1.25 a glass for 10 cent product....well...:eek:

Tom

Of course you can buy soda cheaper at a store, but just like anywhere else you might go on vacation such as a theme park, if you are thirsty you pay a higher price. The soda card is really good if you desire soda with your dinner and also in the theater. I for one don't want to have to go all the way back to my cabin for something to drink and miss the shows, etc. and I certainly don't want to eat my dinner without anything to drink. Most of the time the water on the ships is not good, so that leaves soda. If you don't want to buy it, don't. For most people that like soda and that can afford a cruise in the first place the price should not be a problem. We do bring soda and bottled water for use in our cabin.

I do understand the desire for convenience, but I don't consider the cards a very good value, even for avid soda drinkers. A case of soda can be found at wal-mart for 6 bucks, so if your soda drinker really knocks himself out and drinks two cases all by himself in a week, it should cost you $12. So, $44 at home will buy you 7 cases, or 168 cans of soda. That's a stinkin' lot to pay for for one person.

Try it this way, consider the fact that you can usually buy a 2 Liter of Coke or Pepsi for around a dollar at the grocery store on sale. At $44 per card, thats 88 liters of soda...

I agree with the person that suggested having a nice cold stash back in the room, and occasionally buy a soda at the bar when you want something fast and close.

Everything is cheaper at home so is that a fair comparrison? I can get a case of beer cheaper at home so I better not buy any on the ship.........doesn't make sense! If you're a soda drinker It will be easy to get your value out of a card....and it's alot easier.

Archived