Back from the Grand part 3

Shogun

Hi Folks,

Did the following tours hope it helps someone,

Marseille City Tour,

Not realy a city tour more like a trip to Notre Dame De La Garde through the city with shopping time at the end.

If you have never been to Marseille worth doing as you will get a lot of info from tour guide while in the bus.

The church is a must see, even if you do it on your own. Watch out for traffic bus got stuck twice.

Istanbul Tokapi Place Harem and Grand Bazaar

well worth a look would I do this tour again no, get a taxi.

Grand Bazaar streets leading to it full of street hawkers, wife did not get to bazaar she got so feed up with people trying to sell her t shirts. They just follow you.

Rome,

Imperial Rome very good trip hard walking steps uneven ground etc, but walked straight passed ques at St Peters, Colosseum so worth it would do this tour again there was just so much to see. Note we took over an hour in St peters, no shopping time. But good lunch stop.

Flourence

Florence Sampler

Long bus ride but interesting info by tour guide on way, go stuck on motorway on way back but just made it back right on all board time.

Tour was very good but far to much info dates names etc to take in, loads of things to take photos off. Where given to much time 3 hours to do our own thing, Maybe it was the heat or just all the walking crowds etc but after an hour I wanted the bus back to ship.

Could do this by yourself, but traffic and distance made me feel safe that I was on a ships tour.

Think Princess should add in a meal stop would make it a better tour.

Florence is a must see place.

yours Shogun

Thanks for the info Shogun. We are doing this cruise Sep 13 (Venice to Rome).

We've also chosen "Florence Sampler". Did your DW have any favourite shopping spots here?

Also, which nights were your formal nights, and who was the CD?

Thanks again!

Hi There,

The CD was a Mr London, not bad of the ones I have come across would rate him as number two. Ship had good feel about it. However our cruise was last for a lot of the entertainment staff so can help with shows etc.

Florence is an odd place for shopping, did not buy anything lots and lots of tasteless stuff. There are some fine gold shops etc but are not cheap.

Best shopping was in Venice glass etc. Turkey has very cheep gold etc but need to buy from good shops not street traders.

With only two formal nights a lot of people did no go to formal nights, football on big screen did not help. Our nights was the sea days I expect yours would be the same. These ment we did not get one until I think day 6 and 9 I think.

Just a small note about hand snatchs pick pockets etc,

In Naples we were warned not to carry bags or wear good watchs cameras etc locals drive by of scooters and just rip them of you.

In Rome pick pockets work as gangs we saw one couple bing attacked not in our group. They send a girl up to offer to take your picture as they are doing these others pick your pocket or they just run way with camera.

Tour guides had loads of storries, but when we saw what happened in Rome,

My advise is stay in group do not fall behind, if taking pics get someone to watch your back, to do wear good quality watches rings etc.

We had no trouble but take advise of tour staff etc.

Any questions just ask.

yours Shogun

Archived