Taxi or Car Rental

wdowns9

We will be in PDC in Sept from 7a-5p. We are looking at going to Tulum then Muyil or just Coba. If we get an early start when the ship arrives the crowds will be small. I am considering renting a vehicle which will cost around $100 with gas/insurance or should I hire a cab and leave the driving to the locals? The cost should be the same but I do not want to have a broken down vehicle and miss the ship. Opinions please. Thnks

We just came back yesterday and we rented from Executive Car at the Calica pier. It was an experience to say the least. The total cost for us was $52 for a pretty beat Nissan with 90,000 miles on it, we were concerned that we may not make it back to the ship in it. The 307 Highway is kinda of scary, it's not like the highways here. It's narrow and when the taxi drivers come up behind you, you pull into a breakdown lane of sorts to let them pass. We did see an accident on the highway going back to the ship. I'm not sure I'd do it again, maybe if the car was newer. :)

Archived