Zip, Glacier Treck & Climb

tabearone

Hi,

We just booked a Combo adventure, 9 hours, Juneau, Alaska,

We are going to Tongass National Forest, to Hike up to Mendenhall Glacier, and do ice climing. Then we are going to Eaglecrest Ski Area , zipline thru the alaskan rainforest. We booked with Above & Beyond Alaska $295.00 per person + tax.

Has anyone done this tour or parts of it? any feed back would be helpfull.

We will be doing this on July 29, 2006

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We just booked a Combo adventure, 9 hours, Juneau, Alaska,

We are going to Tongass National Forest, to Hike up to Mendenhall Glacier, and do ice climing. Then we are going to Eaglecrest Ski Area , zipline thru the alaskan rainforest. We booked with Above & Beyond Alaska $295.00 per person + tax.

Has anyone done this tour or parts of it? any feed back would be helpfull.

We will be doing this on July 29, 2006

I also would like to know about this trip. It sounds very adventureous! I especially would like to know how strenuous it would be for my wife. Could some one comment?:confused:

we just got back from our trip, and had booked the hike and glacier trek through Above and Beyond. Our guide (Cory) was great- it was just us and him. The excursion was about 6 hours and exhausting. To hear that yours is 9 hours made me cringe. We are 31 years old, and in great shape- this was a long day. The hike is about 3 miles in, with some mountain climbing. Then about 2 hours on the glacier, and repeat the hike back. Was definately the highlight of our trip, had a great time, but again-- very tiring. We went into a cave under the glacier about 100 feet, and climbed out of a vertical ice tunnel. Cory suited us with harnessess, which were helpful to use to rope to climb out. Let me know if you have any other questions,

caren

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great info Carenlynn. It sounds like you had a great time. It might take a little convincing to get my wife to do it though. Six - nine hours is quite a long time.:eek:

Bruce

Archived