yet another "what shoes to wear" thread

windrose

I just bought this dress on a whim. I'm not one who usually wears a lot of color, so shoes for this one has me stumped. I have cute white strappy heels - but the white just doesn't look right. I don't want to look like a soccer mom or like I'm going to church.

The usual silver or bronze strappies that are the usual answer obviously won't work - this is a first for me - but I'm stumped on shoes! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/pendletonlady/JNYgreenstripedress222A.jpg

I'd go for a strappy sandal in the same lime green that's in the dress.

White definitely does work, though I understand your concerns about looking like a soccer mom or church lady, so you'd really need to hunt for the perfect sexy white shoe. If you do go with white, make sure it's sexy and not a wedge, IMHO. As much as a love wedges, in this case, the white wedge would look like frump city.

One more suggestion.........

I think a dark camel or caramel color sandal would look well too. Make sure you have a handbag in the same color family to pull it all together. A nice leather bangle bracelet in that color would also look great.

I really like the dress. I definitely would not go with a white shoe. I would go for a green or lavender to match the shades in the dress. Those colors mix so well with the tropical colors you see in cruise fashions that you should be able to wear the shoes with other outfits too.

I would choose a cream or off white color strappy dress sandal.

Lavender would look great but how many times will you wear lavender shoes? Maybe wear it (dress) to the store and try some on and see what looks best.

I'd like a green shoe with that dress and I see a lot of lime green(if that's the color in the dress, it's hard to tell in the picture) shoes and clothing right now so you might be able to wear it with other outfits. Lavender would be ok, but might be hard to find or wear with other clothes. I also think the right silver would work. I really don't like beige shoes, and while I'm not against white for some outfits, I don't think it would work with this dress.

I think a dark camel or caramel color sandal would look well too.

Agreed! It's hard to go wrong with a nice, versatile sandal that compliments your skin tone. There are many opinions on the topic of "how many shoes do you bring", but I'd never pack a shoe that could only be worn with one outfit.

Then again, I'm on a quest to pack in one carry-on for my next cruise, so my opinion may be biased. :)

T

When in doubt, go with tan (or as close as you can get to your skin color) strappy sandals in whichever height heel is most comfortable for you. They go with everything and the neutral color helps to elongate your legs. Less shoes to pack as well...;)

Archived