Saint John with kids

Going to be in Saint John in August with GH, DS (9) and DD (5). Just wondering what to do. I don't like taking tours thru the ship, so it sounds like renting a car and doing our own thing. I think the Reversing Falls Rapid ride is too much for my kids. I was thinking about renting a car and going to St. Martin -what is there to do there? And also driving the Fundy Trail seems popular. Would also love any suggestions for lunch - looking for some great seafood. Thanks for all your suggestions.

St. Martins is about a 45 min drive from Saint John. To explore the caves you have to time it right, and need to be there at Low Tide, otherwise they are filled with water. The Fundy Trail is fun on a Nice clear day. You get the best views that way. There is also a nice waterfall along the Fundy Trail as well.

Within Saint John itself, There is the New Brunswick Museum, which could be fun for the kids, There is a Whale exhibit, among other things. Also there is the Cherry Brook Zoo, and Rockwood Park. The Irving Nature Park is very nice as well, along the same lines as the Fundy Trail. Hiking and walking trails and look-outs. There is the Old Fire Fighters Museum, I believe the kids are able to dress up in the gear and what not.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

We are going next week and will be renting a car. We have also hired a private guide to take us kayaking once we are there. If you are interested, I can give you the info when we return and let you know how it went. I was concerned about my son, who is 11, being able to handle the kayaking since he broke his arm in 2 place requiring surgery on Easter and just got out of a cast. They seem to be very accomodationg.

Archived