Alcohol Policy

digby

What is the policy on Oceania ships as far as being able to bring bottles of alcohol aboard? Can you purchase full bottles during the cruise to use in your cabin?

If Oceania allows you to purchase bottles of liquor and take them to the room, it is the only one that I know of! I've sailed on 6 different cruiselines and the policy has always been the same. You are certainly welcome to purchase their liquor and sometimes the prices are very tempting. But then the liquor is stored and not brought to your room until the night before disembarkation.

If Oceania does allow this, I stand corrected - and I would hope that they do. We are taking our first cruise on this line in January.

Like I said before, there is no liquor store on the ship to buy and take to your cabin. It was not a problem to bring liquor on the ship. We bought wine in each port, and before we left.

I have been on cruises, one on RCCL from Sydney to Singapore where you could purchase liquor in the store and take it right to your room. There have been on others, be I do not remember which.

We have never had any problems with bringing it on a ship.

Archived