Canada/New England

Haven't seen too much info about the cruises on the Victory to Canada and the little I have seen hasn't been that great......anyone out there been on the 5 day Canada cruise recently with any good news. I'm booked for August 26th. Been on this cruise two years ago and it was great......now I'm not getting too many good vibes. Hope I made a good decision.:o

The last few times that I've seen the cruise ships in we've had pretty wet weather...that could be a reason why people didn't have a great time. Actually I'm starting to think the ships are to blame for the nasty weather we've had! :) the Queen Mary II is in port today, and AGAIN its raining haha

I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

I hope you have fun and safe travels!

I've asked this question in other Victory threads to no avail, but does ANYONE know who is the current piano bar performer?

Friends and I will be sailing back-to-back on 7/15 and 7/20.

Thanks!

Susan

I just read a very recent review on this site for a, I believe, 5 day Canada/New England cruise on the Victory and was given a whopper of a 1. The review itself has me very concerned. I have read many reviews on the Victory on various sites and it would seem that this may not have been the correct choice. :confused: However, I am willing (since it is already paid for and am going with another couple) to venture with an open mind and will post my own thoughts upon my return. We are cruising on Sept 16th. Please... there has to be something good about this ship..............;)

Hi, Pittsburgh? Born and raised there myself and miss it like the devil I can tell ya... from up near Butler actually..

RE your cruise we did the same 7-nighter on Victory in '03 and I loved it..will def. do again! :) The ship was "okay" i.e. I prefer Princess to Carnival BUT we thoroughly enjoyed the ports and found plenty to do.. and the weather was actually disappointingly warm.. very bizarre in the 80s... In Sydney there's not enough time to do everything ... Lourisbourg Fortress is awesome but don't do thru ship.. Portland and Halifax have great great walkability with lots to do w/out pre arranging a tour. Harbor cruises in both places, fabulous seafood right along the waterfront etc. Halifax especially you could easily spend an "overnight" and not do anything. At least in '03 they had great market set up at the dock with local souvenirs etc.

Any other questions feel free to shoot me an email or post.. I can't for the life of me figure out why more people don't do this cruise OR why it's often so dang expensive :confused: :confused: :confused:

Good Evening All,

My friend and I just returned from the Carnival Victory cruise and we had a great time. The ship was great, however this was our 1st cruise and we were told this was a good "starter" ship. I wrote a review in the member review section regarding the entire trip.

Regarding the ports, we lucked out with fantastic weather being sunny and in the 80's for St. Johns and Halifax. All of the locals told us the weather had been really cool and rainy. In St. Johns we booked the City Highlights tour that drove us around the city and for pics at the Reversing Falls. This tour was booked once we got off the ship because Carnival's excursions were very expensive. For the same tour, Carnival was $43 and we paid $17.

In Halifax, we also booked a tour off the ship, which was the Harbour Hopper. Our original plan was to book Peggy's Cove off the ship but we learned that Carnival booked all those tours and they were sold out. However, we enjoyed our land/water tour. We also saved another $15 in price.

In both ports, we had time to walk around the immediate areas to do our own site seeing. There was definitely more to do in Halifax and it would be nice to visit there again for a longer period.

All in all, both ports were fun and interesting not necessarily Exciting!!!

Hope the information is helpful.

Deneene

Caroline,

Guess it is true what they say, "Can take the gal outta the "burgh", but you can't take the "burg" outta the gal". ;) I am sure I would miss it lots also. I actually live about 1/2 hour north of the city in a small town. Am very familar with Butler. What a small world. This week is the All-Star game downtown and it is just crazy here. There is not a hotel within a 50 mile radius. The city looks beautiful as I am sure you can see on TV. That should make you miss it even more. Big excitment week here.

Thanks for all of the info and am looking forward to this cruise. It is my 12 year anniversary and always wanted to see these ports. I am a little concerned about the weather as we prefer the warmer climates and love to hang out at the pool in the sun. I am hopful that Sept 16th will still bring some good sun days. We usually cruise the Carribeans, but wanted to try something different. I am hoping we are not disappointed. :)

Okay, 1/2 hour north? out old 29, up 81, McKnight Road... actually it's Zelienople.. heard of that?

I really really don't think you will be disappointed in the cruise .. of course bad weather can happen anywhere but hopefully it will not be any where near you!

Archived