Getting Nervous....

vesw01

Final payment is due on the 11th - no big deal we paid almost all of it ahead of time, but time is flying by. I don't know if we are going to be ready. All the packing, plans etc...just seems like there is so much to do, but when should I start getting ready? What if I can't find the "must have list?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone else get nervous as the time is approaching? Will my nervousness change to excitement ..... I know it is a vacation, just relax, but I am a planner by trade.

Any suggestions?

Take a deep breath! I did the same thing last year, before our first cruise. Oh my goodness, how will I get it all done. Then I thought its just a vacation. If I forget something, I can pick it up somewhere along the way.

I made a list of everything we needed (took it from one of the many lists here on CC). Also, made a list of things I had to do before we left (bank, BC's, copies of insurance cards for grandparents, maps, etc.). As I marked things of the list it helped me see that everything would get done on time. As a planner by profession, you probably know this - but hope it helps!:D

BTW, I already have a list started for our trip this fall.:o

Not to worry, I think it will subside. I understand totally how overwhelming it is to plan for the cruise. My spouse is working this week, and I'm off. We leave tomorrow on the Legend, and I've been doing all the errands, packing, running around. This board is a great source of packing information. I'd search the boards, Google "cruise packing lists" and develop some sort of list. Mine for this trip was called "Things to Bring (That I'd Likely Forget)". I didn't put down obvious things such as clothing, but focused on bungee cords, medicines, etc.

Good luck...it will be fun once you're there.

Final payment is due on the 11th - no big deal we paid almost all of it ahead of time, but time is flying by. I don't know if we are going to be ready. All the packing, plans etc...just seems like there is so much to do, but when should I start getting ready? What if I can't find the "must have list?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone else get nervous as the time is approaching? Will my nervousness change to excitement ..... I know it is a vacation, just relax, but I am a planner by trade.

Any suggestions?

First thing you need to do is STOP, take a breath, sit down, get a nice note pad and start a plan.

1. Check list consisting of Docs/passports/Birth Certificates

2. Planning Clothing for each member of your family, Break it down from Casual to formal night

3. Carry on items consisting of Tolietries

4. Carry on items consisting of Electronics

5. Cash for tips etc.

Use this plan of attack and this will help you get where you need to be by C Day.

Fred

wow that is greate. I had already seen some of the packing lists, but was trying to avoid being called anal by my DH b/c we still have some time to go. I think I am going to get the lists together and start a box to throw misc items in. It will help keep all the last min stuff to a minimum.

Thanks for the replies!!

Archived