Question about the Atlantis in Nassau.

beerman123

Hey guys. My fiance and I are taking a honeymoon cruise on the Glory on August 5th and I got a question. One place we can go is the Atlantis but without having a room there, we wont be able to use their facilities ( waterslides etc. ). My boss just returned from a weekend thee and said that you can do anything you want as long as you have a key card that they give you. He brought his home and said We can use his. Has anyone tried this? I dont want to look like a fool going around flashing key cards if it wont work. Thanks for any help you can give.

Unless you actually have to "swipe" the card to gain access, I guess you'll be okay.

Just a question ~ There is so much to do on the islands...why would you want to spend the day at a hotel/resort that is designated for guests?

If I had to guess, I would imagine that his "card" will not swipe anything because it is automatically deactivated upon his departure.

The last time we were there, the slides etc worked on a wristband system. Even to tour the aquarium, you had to have a wristband of a certain color.

Another color wristband to do the slide, etc.

That was a couple of years ago though...things could have changed. If you want to spend the day there and enjoy their amenities, just rent a room.

From everything I have read, you must have daily color coded wrist bands to use the water slides and swimming pools. The only way around this is to book a room at the Comfort Suites (much cheaper than Atlantis) across the street. They will issue you Atlantis wrist bands (maximum 4 per room)that allow you to use all of the facilities at the Atlantis. It is your choice whether you use the room or not. I am doing this exact thing the following week in August for my family.

The reason I decided to spend the day at the Atlantis as it will cost about the same as a full day excursion for 4 people and my family really is not that interested in swimming with stingrays, snorkling, or riding on a power boat. I think the kids will enjoy the full day at the resort instead. I hope this information helps. There are many other posts about this on the site just search Atlantis or Comfort Suites.

If you head to the "Bahamas" message board in here, you'll find any question about the ins and outs of getting into Atlantis answered somewhere on the first page of posts.

(really surprised this thread wasn't moved over there already)

Bill

Thanks for all the help. I just asked my boss about the key cards vs. wristbands. He said that all he had to do was show the card to someone and he was free to do anything he wanted. There was no swiping or wristbands. I wasnt planning on going to the resort but if we can do it for free then why not.

Thanks for all the help. I just asked my boss about the key cards vs. wristbands. He said that all he had to do was show the card to someone and he was free to do anything he wanted. There was no swiping or wristbands. I wasnt planning on going to the resort but if we can do it for free then why not.

In order to get your wristbands, you card is SWIPED. It's then noted how many people in the room.. and how many band are given for the day (so you can't pass off your card to others).

You're bosses card has been deactivated and will no longer swipe.

You may get away with it just walking thru the digs, or getting into the movie theatre, but you won't be allowed in the pools, slides. lazy river or even the beach.. You'll need a color coded bracelet for that.

In order to get your wristbands, you card is SWIPED. It's then noted how many people in the room.. and how many band are given for the day (so you can't pass off your card to others).

You're bosses card has been deactivated and will no longer swipe.

You may get away with it just walking thru the digs, or getting into the movie theatre, but you won't be allowed in the pools, slides. lazy river or even the beach.. You'll need a color coded bracelet for that.

AHHH gotcha. Thanks to all of you for the help. Maybe my little scheme wont work. I guess I'll just have to find something else to do in paradise;)

But seriously. Thanks alot for the help....I knew I could count on ya.

OK....Well since you all know what you are talking about, maybe you can give me some suggestions on a good excursions in the Bahamas. I've only done the western caribean so I'm brand new to this side of paradise.

Beerman,

Since you are going to be on your Honeymoon,

check some of the threads on this (Bahamas) board about Breezes.

For a more inexpensive time, check the threads about the Wyndam or British Hilton.....

The regulars in here are fast with the advise and info.

(MY Wife and I are visiting Nassau in September, so I have been learning in here daily)

Have a great honeymoon and trip.

Bill

OK....Well since you all know what you are talking about, maybe you can give me some suggestions on a good excursions in the Bahamas. I've only done the western caribean so I'm brand new to this side of paradise.

What's your port time? That would be a good way for us to figure out what you can do in your timeslot.

Most tours leave the dock around 1pm and return around 4:30.

Many to choose from.. here's a link to the Majestic tour Desk.

My favorites are Flying Cloud, Barefoot Cruises and the Powerboat Adventure (if timing permits). SeaIslandAdventure is also high on my list but is an all day tour..

For the best snorkeling tour.. Check out stuart cove's (This sometimes has timing issues if you are on a short port leave)

We stayed at the Atlantis in January. You can walk the grounds of the resort up to a certain point, then had to show your room card to enter certain places, like the pools, but to use the slides or get pool towels you have to go to the towel stand and give an employee your card, he will swipe it and give your party wristbands. So you can enjoy the pools, but the slides/ lazy river /and the dig, will be off limits. Also the beaches at the Atlanits are all public, but you won't be able to get a towel or chair without a band, or a bribe. (the latter only works some of the time)

Dayna

We'll be in Nassau between 8:30 am and 2 pm. Obviously Carnival has excursions available to purchase and there are a few that sound okay. But since you guys have been there already, I am hoping your experiences can help me make the most of my stay. We're looking for fun. We're usually the laid back type but since we will be on vacation, an adventurous event wouldnt be uncalled for. I will be happy to be somewhere other than Delaware so laying on a beach in the Bahamas sounds like an adventure to me ;) . Again, you guys have been more than helpfull and no matter how you reply and I appreciate your responses!!!!

We stayed at the Atlantis in January. You can walk the grounds of the resort up to a certain point, then had to show your room card to enter certain places, like the pools, but to use the slides or get pool towels you have to go to the towel stand and give an employee your card, he will swipe it and give your party wristbands. So you can enjoy the pools, but the slides/ lazy river /and the dig, will be off limits. Also the beaches at the Atlanits are all public, but you won't be able to get a towel or chair without a band, or a bribe. (the latter only works some of the time)

Dayna

Actually, you are not allowed outside on the property without a room card or bracelet. Even those who have done the DIGS will have a different bracelet. If you go Very early (before security), you can walk the grounds, but once staff arrives, bracelets and room cards are necessary.

Bracelets for all pools/slides etc.

As for the beach.. yes, it's public to the water line, but if you don't have a bracelet or room card, you will be asked to move off the sandy beach and go to the Public Beach next to the RIU.

The trouble with bribes are (besides the ethics).. that if you bribe one staff member.. there are ten others checking.

We'll be in Nassau between 8:30 am and 2 pm. Obviously Carnival has excursions available to purchase and there are a few that sound okay. But since you guys have been there already, I am hoping your experiences can help me make the most of my stay. We're looking for fun. We're usually the laid back type but since we will be on vacation, an adventurous event wouldnt be uncalled for. I will be happy to be somewhere other than Delaware so laying on a beach in the Bahamas sounds like an adventure to me ;) . Again, you guys have been more than helpfull and no matter how you reply and I appreciate your responses!!!!

Bad timing for tours. Independent tours don't usually go out in the morning, so you're best bet is a ships excursion.

I knida figured that it was bad timing for the independent tours....the consensus seems to say that the excursions Carnival offers are the best bet. I dont want to be the one to make a scene at Atlantis. I'm sure we will find fun no matter what we do but the free passes to Atlantis' slides, pools and aquarium seemed pretty cool. I guess I'll pay the $$$ for a good time;)

Archived