Jewel questions

I'll be on the Jewel in a couple of weeks. I'm looking for tips on quiet places to rest and read a good book, best area on the Windjammer for a scenic view. Any shows not to miss? Any evening events not to be missed? What deck is the best for walking?

Also, how do I find out how many kids are cruising with me?

In back of the Windjammer there is an outdoor seating - a great place to have breakfast, as it is not yet to hot to eat outside. I am not sure if people realize that it is there, as it was never full or hard to find a place to sit.

As far a reading, you can just grab a lounge chair in the sun or on each floor there are seating areas near the centrum - as long as nothing is going on it is quite - so are most or the lounges during the day.

Just off the Jewel last Sat. The Vortex lounge is quiet during the day and has cushy chairs. There is a small library with a few chairs. A couple of times I went to the Solarium with its cushioned lounge chairs and also rested and read in my room before dinner and three nights we were tired and skipped the show to rest in our room. I like to put my feet up when reading and am spoiled with LA-Z boy furniture at home.

We really enjoyed the shows we saw. We skipped the 2nd and 3rd production shows and the jazzman--just too pooped from all the touring. The comedians, music acts, magician/comedian, gymnast and 1st production show, featuring show tunes from London and Broadway were excellent. I'm sure the others were, too.

I think deck 5 is the promenade deck where you can walk all the way around.

A window table at the Windjammer is your best bet, if you can find one. We lucked out and were able to change to a window table next to ours in the dining room after the assigned people failed to show two nights in a row. We just asked the head waiter and he immediately moved us and changed it in the computer.

One night he noticed I hadn't ordered dessert and I told him I was too full to force myself to eat anything that wasn't chocolate. He immediately told our waiter to bring me something chocolate and to do that any day there was no chocolate on the menu. Great service for a chocoholic like me. lol I gave our wait staff a bit extra in the tip envelope. :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/02 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/19/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor.Fjords + 3 days in London

I really liked the Champagne Bar as a nice place to sit with HUGE windows. It's not open during the day, and though you will hear a little bit of activity going on in the Centrum, it's still a very nice place to sit.

Just off the Jewel last Sat. The Vortex lounge is quiet during the day and has cushy chairs. There is a small library with a few chairs. A couple of times I went to the Solarium with its cushioned lounge chairs and also rested and read in my room before dinner and three nights we were tired and skipped the show to rest in our room. I like to put my feet up when reading and am spoiled with LA-Z boy furniture at home.

We really enjoyed the shows we saw. We skipped the 2nd and 3rd production shows and the jazzman--just too pooped from all the touring. The comedians, music acts, magician/comedian, gymnast and 1st production show, featuring show tunes from London and Broadway were excellent. I'm sure the others were, too.

I think deck 5 is the promenade deck where you can walk all the way around.

A window table at the Windjammer is your best bet, if you can find one. We lucked out and were able to change to a window table next to ours in the dining room after the assigned people failed to show two nights in a row. We just asked the head waiter and he immediately moved us and changed it in the computer.

One night he noticed I hadn't ordered dessert and I told him I was too full to force myself to eat anything that wasn't chocolate. He immediately told our waiter to bring me something chocolate and to do that any day there was no chocolate on the menu. Great service for a chocoholic like me. lol I gave our wait staff a bit extra in the tip envelope. :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/02 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/19/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor.Fjords + 3 days in London

Kathie I was hoping you would go back to the Britain port section and tell me about your cruise!

Archived