One more ?

laura215

Is freestyle dinning hard to do when you have a large group traveling with you? Any tips?

Unfortunately, Freestyle is not the best option if you're travelling with a group but your group could make a reservation for the dinning room as soon as you board and then you will have no problem sitting all together but you lose a good part of the freestyle concept.

Depending on how large, groups are quite often a problem no matter which way you do things.

People always love to get really big tables, even though they can not hear what half the people are saying, so they might as well not even be at the same table. You also have to deal with getting everyone to arrive on time for the large reserved table you have.

It always amazes me when groups of 10+ show up and wonder why it takes so long for the restaurant to get tables together. It just is really difficult. Then trying to get everyones food out at the same time, etc etc.

Seems to work much better when the group gets nearby tables and have smaller parties.

Is freestyle dinning hard to do when you have a large group traveling with you? Any tips?

just let them know early in the day how many in your group and they will have the tables ready for you at whatever time you will be there....we had 36 for our last night.....we never had any issues at all.....

I have to disagree with jp2001, I think Freestyle is a better option with large groups. In fact large groups have it better on Freestyle cruises than smaller groups.

In 2005, there were 17 of us. This year there were 13 of us.

The main dining rooms only take reservations for parties larger than 8, so larger groups can make reservations in the main dining rooms. (they also only take large group reservations at 5:30, 5:45, 6:00, and after 8:15.)

The largest table is for 10 and most tables are for less. We always split up at two tables beside each other. A smaller grouping also provides for quicker service because you usually have two different waiters!

Groups require planning and so the reservation system is a good thing!

Finally, groups also allow you to try things you might not. I do not like Asian food for example, but my wife loves it. With our group, we all split up on night, half went to Bamboo, the other half went to Cagneys. If it was just my wife and I (or even us and my parents who also don't like asian), my wife would either have had to dine alone at Bamboo or not go there at all. So groups are a good thing!

....Finally, groups also allow you to try things you might not. I do not like Asian food for example, but my wife loves it. With our group, we all split up on night, half went to Bamboo, the other half went to Cagneys. ...

This is smart thinking. My previous comments were related to those groups that INSIST that everyone eat together and at the same table. Your solution works GREAT!

Archived