cabins near laundry rooms

pinguino

im looking at cabins right next to the laundry room (across the hallway) on the princess star, and was wondering if the noise/foot traffic/small hallways present any type of problem for people who have stayed in those rooms before. any thoughts?

We had a cabin almost directly across the hall from the self service laundry on the old Crown Princess for a 24 day cruise. Never had a problem with noise or foot traffic. They close the rooms around 10:00 each night, therefore they are not a bother to anyone. During the day, no problems at all.

I was next door and my friend across the hall from the laundry room on the Island and heard nothing. Actually, we loved it. It was to easy to just pop in to throw something into the dryer or use the iron or wash. If possible we would do it again. This time we are not close to the laundry room so i will make do with taking more clothes.

Across from the laundry room on a 19 day and towards the end of the cruise there was a constant line in front of our door. Verfy noisy and lots of harsh words about who was in line when. Difficult to get in and out of the cabin.

We were in C316 on the Caribbean Princess and it is right across the hall from the laundry room. We did hear any noise and it was great to have it so close, came in handy when you had to iron.:D

I think it depends on the length of the cruise. We did a 15 day Canal transit on the Coral and were right across from the laundry room. First week was ok. Second week was a nightmare. I would NEVER do it again. Yes, they fight and argue. Yes, they stand in the hall. Yes, they leave the door open and talk lounder to be heard over the machines. No, they do not lock the doors at night. At least not on the Coral. We have booked 3 cruises since then and we pick the room we want and the first thing we look for is the laundry room location!

Way back in 3-01, we were across the hallway from the laundry on Plaza deck, Regal Princess (we were in P159), Singapore to Beijing.

Most of the time it was fine, but when two women got into a knockdown brawl that spilled into the companionway, it very quickly got very loud. Luckily, some other passengers separated the combatants. Apparently one of the women had emptied the other's dry laundry from a dryer that she wanted to use and had dumped it on an ironing board, with some falling to the deck, just as the owner returned. Lots of hair pulling, scratching, and name calling.

The Marquis of Queensbury rules did not apply to that match.

I can understand people getting angry when their laundry is taken out of a machine but the ship does post notices of the time it takes for washers and you put in money according to how much time you want. So, if you want 90 min in the dryer, put in the proper coins. The whole name of the game is COURTESY. Without it expect the worst. During our 10 days we did not see, hear or meet any person either male or female who did not show courtesy to all. On the 10 day Regal last year we had to travel down some for the washers and dryers and here too people showed nothing buy COURTESY to each other. I say frequent the laundry while people are busy doing things like having dinner or early in the a m. I just like having the ironing board and iron nearby and i still would prefer to be real close if not next door. If you find the laundry door open during closed house notify your steward. It is supposed to be locked.

Archived