First Timers

This will be a first cruise for family 2 teens ages 18 & 15. Because of school we have only 1 week to work with. Because of itinerary we are interested in we have Legend Of Seas sailing that week. I see it is an older and smaller ship. I was really hoping for a Celebrity Ship but see that RC is owned by Celebrity is this correct? We are really interested in good food, is a midnight buffet available? My other choice is Grand Princess. If you had to choose which would you choose?

Ive never been on LOS,but I love RC ships..I always like the food,and most have fun things to do.

I was on the Grand in Feb...I am a pretty picky eater,and I wasnt fond of the food...other ppl loved it.I never went to the specialty restaurants though..

Only been on Celebrity once,and that was for an Alaska cruise,and it was awesome! I dont think young ppl would like that ship so much,but as for our cruise,it was more about the views and ports over the ship.

Your guys will probably like the big screen tv up on desk(the Grand),thats fun.And,yes Worlds Leading Cruise Lines has 7 ships under their umbrella..Carnival,Princess,Costa Windstar Cunard Holland American and The Yachts of Seabourn...

I bet they would enjoy any ship you take them on! Theres always something fun going on. Dot

oops forgot,yes most ships have a midnight buffet.And usually a choc buffet..Always go early ..the ice and fruit carnvings are amazing!!

This will be a first cruise for family 2 teens ages 18 & 15. Because of school we have only 1 week to work with. Because of itinerary we are interested in we have Legend Of Seas sailing that week. I see it is an older and smaller ship. I was really hoping for a Celebrity Ship but see that RC is owned by Celebrity is this correct? We are really interested in good food, is a midnight buffet available? My other choice is Grand Princess. If you had to choose which would you choose?

I think it's the other way round - RCI owns Celebrity. I've taken both in the Caribbean, both east and west. They're both great. I think, though, based mostly on what I've read rather than experienced, that there may be less to do for the teens on Celebrity. I do remember my kids had a great time, but they were younger then and not just running loose like this last time on RCI. I have a 12 and 16 year old and they had a GREAT time last week on Rhapsody. They weren't involved in any organized activities, they each met up with a group of kids their age and ran around and hung around in packs. I hardly saw either of them the whole week except at dinner and in the ports!

Also, we had the Grand Midnight Buffet on the second formal night on RCI. Had at least one on Celebrity, too, but my memory's fuzzy on it now.

Archived