Shopping to benefit others!

Hey Fellow Cruisettes!

Geez, I have missed this board. I let life get in the way of cruisng. Bad, very bad. But I found a great place quite awhile back to make all my online purchases benefit the charity of my choice. By signing on as an IGive member and going through their site to get to the stores where I normally shop....my cause gets a portion of all my purchases. And it's tax deductible for me and doesn't add a dime to my bill. So whether it's Lands End, JC Penny, The Gap or Neiman Marcus a little something goes to the Morton Cure Paralysis Foundation. To read more see: [url]www.mcpf.org/[/url]

All you do is click here:

[url]http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?memberid=24101&causeid=8481[/url]

And then start shopping from The Mall. If you don't like my charity you can change that to your favorite cause. Will you get a ton of spam by doing this? Nope. About once every week or two Betty at IGive sends out at update of new stores added, extra discount days or coupons and, especially near the holidays, who is offering free shipping. You can adjust that also so you read updates on the web if you don't want the mailing. I thought a lot about whether this was advertising but I don't work for or benefit from IGive. Well, I will benefit from a cure for paralysis but hey... I just thought this was a cool way to shop and help others. I've been a member since, yikes, 1998 and several hundred dollars have gone to my causes just because I go to their site first. Is capitalism great or what? Now I have to figure out what to wear on my Horizon cruise to Bermuda in October.

Archived