Question on Teen Activities aboard Navigator

My friend is considering cruising with her three kids this March Break. Her question is: Her son will be 3 weeks away from his 15th birthday when they cruise. Will it be a problem for him to join the 15-17 year olds in the "Living Room" or "Fuel"? He is mature for his age and would love to join in with the older kids. Are the kids I.D. or asked their age when they go in? How do they control the ages? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

My friend is considering cruising with her three kids this March Break. Her question is: Her son will be 3 weeks away from his 15th birthday when they cruise. Will it be a problem for him to join the 15-17 year olds in the "Living Room" or "Fuel"? He is mature for his age and would love to join in with the older kids. Are the kids I.D. or asked their age when they go in? How do they control the ages? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

First, usually "Fuel" is just for 15-17 year olds, but they switch every now and then.

Second, I was just on the Navigator, and one of my friends was in a similar situation. Her parents just had to talk to the staff, and she had to spend one night with the 12-14 year olds so the staff could see if she was mature. They did let her in, but she actually made more friends with the 12-14 group.

Finally, all teens have their seapasses checked every night. The first night, we had to present our SeaPass to a staff member to check if we were on the list of 15-17 year olds. Our SeaPasses were then punched, and every night we had to present our cards to a security guard whenever we went into Fuel. In the case of my friend, they just punched the card the second night.

The teen staff on the Navigator was excellent. I'm sure your friend won't have a problem.

Hope this helps!

It varys from ship to ship and cruise to cruise....

on one cruise... the 14 soon to be 15 year olds parent had to talk to teen staff and had to sign what they called a "bump up" form. (They were very strict on security and had colored stickers on sea pass to verify age)

on another cruise... the 14 soon to be 15 year old had to do nothing as they did not check ages or anything like that

on another cruise... they had the same type of security as on the 1st but if you were close they added your name to the list

I think I know where you're coming from with the ship to ship, person to person kind of rules. Some will be more lenient while others will stick strictly to the rules. Hopefully it will all work out in the end. What kind of activities does the younger group (ages 11-14) do??

I've been under 17 on all previous cruises, so i've never had a problem getting into the teen club.. But i brought my 19 year old boyfriend on a cruise, and they wouldnt let him into the teen club... like.. even to look around

My son likes the 12-14 year old group better because there is more organization with activities. The staff asked if anyone wanted to play a certain game or do an event. Those in the group who wanted too did. The rest would strictly hang out and socialize together with the second staff member just sort of keeping an eye out. The older group 15-17 is just for hanging out together. The staff members stays to themselves and are only there to make sure no problems arise. Your son should have a great time either way.

What sort of things do the teens do in the Fuel club? Do they ever go out and about on the ship to swim or climb the rock wall, or do all the activities take place in the one "Fuel" area? :)

The teens do plenty of stuff. Most of it does go on in Fuel. But we sometimes had the rock wall, pool area, sports deck, and ice rink all to ourselves.

Archived