Hotel in Tahiti...desperately need help!

der93711

I goofed. :mad: Two days ago we had the chance to book the Intercontinal Beachcomber Hotel in Moorea in an over the water bungalow. The problem was that the rate was so good because it was non refundable paid in advance. We needed to secure the air first so by the time I got back to book the hotel reservation, the rates had gone up over $100 more a night. I am sick about this. So we are now thinking of the Intercontintal hotel in Papeete. The rates for the over the water are cheaper. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Why is it so much cheaper? What will I be missing if anything? Please give me all the input you can on any or both of these hotels. :confused:

Thanks,

Der

Der,

If you're staying more than a single night, you might consider joining the Ambassador Club for InterContinental - they automatically upgrade. Book a Beach, get an Overwater. The cost is $150, but if you'd save more than that, very worth it!

As far as the Papeete vs. Moorea property, many consider the Moorea property nicer because of the island, but the actual facilities better in Papeete.

Call InterContinental and see if they can help. If you're staying 3 or more days, there are a number of package operators (travel agents) who specialize in Tahiti who may be able to get you a discount. If you really want Moorea, look also at the Sheraton or Moorea Pearl Resort. Pearl isn't quite as nice, but for overwater bungalow, the Sheraton may actually be nicer - the entire bungalow is over water, rather than just part of it as is the case at the InterContinental.

Hope that helps!

We stayed at the Tahiti Beachcomber the last day in Tahiti and loved it. I told my DH that I would like to spend a couple of days there post cruise next time so we are planning on booking it for after our TP 3/10/06 cruise. We would have liked to take out a kayak but didn't get a chance this time, next time for sure.

You will love the property, it is beautiful and the rooms are wonderful. We only had a panoramic room but it was great and I would have no problem getting that again. The price was $179/nt so you can't beat that, but who knows how prices will be in 2006.

Jackie

Archived