Question about Ports

iliketorelax

Hello,

I will be on RCL's Freedom to the following ports.....Labadee, Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel.

My question is, can I just get off the ship and find enough to do at the pier/port to do without signing up for an excursion......I will have a wife and a 10 & 12 year old in tow.......not sure of what to do.......HELP??

There is plenty to do in each port. Read over the Ports of call on this forum for alot of information on shore excursions not booked through the ship. We only book shore excursions through the ship if it is a time sensitive one. Example would be a 7 1/2 hour excursion with only 8 hours in port. You dont want to get left behind. For Cozumel, check out http://www.cozumelinsider.com for information.

Dave

We have only done 2 cruises so still finding our way

We debated over booking excursions and decided to just walk around and explore . In GC & Coz you are bombarded with people offering all the same excursions, we did the same hell/turtle/ rum etc for 12 .00 per person less and it was very personal they offered to drop us off anywhere we wanted afterwards and answered any questions

Key West the Conch and other tour we did on our own also and was easy to get to and cheaper

Agree with the other if it is a long one that would cut short time, I am a chicken and would do thru cruise line to insure getting back on ship

Archived