Costa Maya - Golf Carts?

My daughter and her DH were in Costa Maya several years ago and rented golf carts (right behind Marketplace). They just drove around all day and had a blast. They said it was so much fun. Does anyone know if they still rent golf carts there? We'll be there in Feb. and would like to rent them if they are still available? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so you rent one of these golf carts what do you do with them if you deceide to stop for lunch, beach break, etc.?? Do you lock them up somewhere or how do you secure them to keep others from stealing them?

Was wondering because I would much rather rent a cart to go shopping, exploring, and visiting a beach.

Thanks so much from any imput from others who have done this in the past. I know that I have had my experiences with renting bikes in Europe to do some exploring only to walk out and see it gone

so are you saying you couldn't rent one to drive down to one of the beach clubs or the trek around the concrete fence to Chac Chu (or whatever the resort is named next door)?

You would have to drive a few miles (?) not sure of the exact distance to get to the road that leads to Chac-Chi - if you wanted to do that I would contact them for directions. Over, under, or through the fence is much faster.

You can get close to many of the beach clubs, but the cart would still be parked out of site for most. I don't know the exact rules for where the carts can and can't go, but they aren't supposed to go down the main drag.

You don't see any arrows along Main Street:

IMG_9719.JPG

And Main Street ahead

C2DFhsviijuP7oXCzf4nRV4aBX1bDYE70300.jpg

Carts do sometimes end up on Main Street, but I am not sure of the consequences...

We were just at costa maya and rented the golf cart. It was $65 for all day and $30 for 2 hours. If you is about are real small they may 6 people, but you would be crowded. My dh 250 and I 120 there really wasn't room for any more in the front and about the same in the back. You are really only driving down a sandy road for a few miles past town and back there are a coulpe of nice places to stop. We had one dog take after us but the owner was right there and called to him, since I am nervious of dogs this frightned me and there alot of dogs running loose. The people were friendly and there is a nice place to stop along the road that is run by a dutchman but the place didn't open til noon. It was great and we had something to eat. The place is bright orange and on the left hand side of the road. I would probably shop in town a bit and than take a ride. Also I didn't see very many carts to rent, but we were off the ship before they were open. When we brought ours back around noon people were still out there renting them.

Archived