Carnival Fantasy

Joal

Has anyone sailed on the Fantasy? We are thinking about booking for the December 30 trip to the Bahamas. Has anyone been on board on New Year's Eve? Any comments would be appreciated.

We loved Carnival Fantasy. It is one PARTY ship. No, we were not on for New Years - just for our 25th anniversary. It was wonderful! (We have done 5 more Carnival cruises since because we loved it so much.)

OK the skinny -

Good Food - do find the pizza place on your first day - sooo much better than the buffet stuffl for lunch. It's up near the pool - but not in the same area as the buffet stuff. It is open 24 hours a day - and makes a great late meal if you are late getting back to the ship - or just don't want to go to the dining room.

Good entertainment - by ship standards - especially some of the music

Large cabins - again by ship standards. BUT the furniture and decour feel a little cheap.

The decour is a bit over the top. Lots of neon and bright colors and theme decorations. (I actually liked it.)

DO NOT expect formal service - and some of the bar service can be a bit slow. I usually scout out the ship to find the best entertainment and bartender on the first day.

The ship attracts people of all ages, races and attitudes. It tends to be noiser than ships that do longer/more expensive cruises. This is a PARTY ship. If you go to have a great time - you will. (At least, I did.)

I have sailed the Fantasy twice, but not since the refurb nor on New Year's Eve. It was my first cruise and will always be the sentimental favorite. I have booked it again for a cruise in January '05.

The food was good, the crew was great, the ship is fairly easy to navigate, and she offers a nice cruise experience. I can only imagine for the moment (with the positive comments I've read on this and other boards) that the refurb only made a great cruise even better!

I think it will be a nice cruise for you!

Oooh! I didn't realize that the rehab was done! Then the cabins should be nice! You just gave me an excuse to put my pictures taken on our Fantasy cruise out as a mild hint to my DH! Thanks

We just got back from the Fantasy today and I will be posting a review and pics once I get them back. The ship is absolutely beautiful and the staff great. It was a wonderful trip. There were 2,568 people on board and it did not feel crowded.

We were on the Fantasy ten years ago and did not care for it, but, we have gone back on her since the refurb and it was beautiful. The food was great, excellent service and you will love the new decor on the Promanade deck. The rooms have been remodeled and the bathrooms upgraded. You will have a great time on the ship. We had a cabin on the very back of the ship, and the windows back there are so large that two people can sit up in them. Next best thing to having your own balcony. Also, those cabins are very quiet. We just loved the ship and highly recommend it.

Janet

My husband and I (we were both 45 at the time) cruised on the Fantasy (4-night) in January '03 and we had a wonderful time. The price was super cheap and although we had an inside cabin (we had verandas on our Disney cruises) we didn't mind at all. The cabin was good-sized, and it was great taking afternoon naps since it was so dark inside. We thought the food was very good, service (dining room) could have been better but was adequate so didn't complain. Our room steward did a great job of keeping the room clean, but he never replaced the bottled water we drank and we never saw him so couldn't ask him to replace it, we just thought he should do that without being asked. We loved the entertainment and stayed up late each night for the adult shows and enjoyed them very much as well. Found a great bar server and DH tipped him extra because he was so good. The ship is older, but I looked for and never saw any signs of wear and tear, and this was before the recent refurbishment of course. I would love to sail on the ship again, now that she has been updated. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this cruise. Oh, and someone said this ship is a PARTY ship, maybe if you go to the dance clubs it is, but we did not and we found the ship to be very quiet, and never saw any obnoxiously drunk people or anything like that and we were usually up and about until about 2:00 a.m.

I have been on the Fantasy three times. Twice last year. She is a great ship and looks really good since Carnival did a major refurb on her in October. I will be back on the Fantasy over Labor day weekend. I have some photos of her in my link below that were taken in November right after her refurb.

The ship is lovely and didn't feel crowded. You'll enjoy it, I think (I also have a review to put together over the next day or so.

Hill6: Sorry didn't end up connecting to run into on the cruise. Hope you enjoyed yourself. Hubby and I did. BTW: Did you ever find the CC log book? I couldn't, and the folks in the Library didn't know where it was either.

Furry

We had a great time. Sorry we didn't end up meeting. We had gotten our suitcases a little after 3 and finished unpacking them at 3:30 and ended up getting to the bar a few minutes late. Sorry we didn't meet. I kept my eye out for you and your husband but didn't end up seeing you. I never looked in the library for the log book.

Soon2bcruising. I have the review about 75% complete and should have my pictures back today. So hopefully by the end of the weekend everything will be posted. I also have the tour prices and times and will try to get them up this week also.

Archived